Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Villareal v Man Utd - Apparently means a lot to Utd

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
That was the worst performance I have ever seen by a keeper in an extended pen shootout.

Solskjaer will never forgive himself for not starting pen save machine Henderson.

Congrats to Villareal. A wonderful story.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
LOL!!

Attachments

• IAHHM.jpg
    IAHHM.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 215

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
That’s got my day off to a great start.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Chortle

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Karma came back to bite them, payback for that ridiculous game at the amex.well done villareal.

And being involved in that pompous ESL

ThIs results epitomises everything great about the current league systems in place throughout Europe.
Where a once mighty powerhouse can be beaten in a final by a parochial town with a population that couldn’t fill 3/4 of old Trafford
Epic...

Still laughing :lolol:

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
They all do it now: that's not exclusive to United. There was a clip doing the rounds the other day of another team (I forget who, but it was basically taking the piss out of the one player who didn't take his off- think he was ex Spurs).

Still looks sulky and pathetic though.

Man Utd last night and Man City against us have reached new heights of sulky and pathetic in the last couple of weeks. Throw in the major ESL sulkers at Barcelona, Juve and Real Madrid 'either we reform football or we will witness its inevitable DOWNFALL' . These ESL clubs are certainly showing their true colours at the moment in the belief that football is nothing without them and no other club has a right to share the pitch with them without rolling over and losing and knowing their place in the hierarchy.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Surely as a keeper, you just stick the ball on the spot and leather it don't you? Take a goal kick but at the goal. Trying to place it? What a donut.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Didn’t watch it, but comedic news.

How much did the Villlrreal squad cost to assemble compared to either the Manure and Arsenal squads? (Knocking them both out).

We laugh when Solskjaer repeatedly trots out with emphasis “This is Manchester United”, robotically copying his hero Fergie, as he does with other Manure cliches.

That arrogance and their £800m squad still ended trophy-less.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
And being involved in that pompous ESL

:

We are many things in the East Stand Lower, but pompous isn't one of them.

Actually come to think of it:-

Yeah you can add pompous to the list.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I didn’t even know it was on last night. I wish I had so I could have made a conscious decision NOT to watch it.

schmunk

Centrist Dad
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex

Which means it's similar to Albion, THE LEEDS or The Filth holding Man U to a draw for 120 minutes, which is hardly incomprehensible - both Leeds and Palace have held them to 0-0 for 90 minutes in the last few weeks, and we held on to a win/draw for 83 minutes.

Once you've completed Extra Time, you're a shoo-in to win, given De Gea's incompetence.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
If OGS hadn't played for Man Utd he'd be nowhere NEAR that job.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Spanish non-Barca/Real teams are often underrated in England. If you watch a mid-table or bottom table game in La Liga its generally the same quality as in the PL. How much clubs spend matters less when the average level of the Spanish players are higher than the levels of the English.

Happy for Villarreal. Its a small club with small resources but they frequently outperform what you could expect from them.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Spanish non-Barca/Real teams are often underrated in England. If you watch a mid-table or bottom table game in La Liga its generally the same quality as in the PL. How much clubs spend matters less when the average level of the Spanish players are higher than the levels of the English.

Happy for Villarreal. Its a small club with small resources but they frequently outperform what you could expect from them.

The lifestyle is arguably better, and cost of living well is clearly lower in Spain, but it does further highlight how massively overblown the PL is in monetary terms at the very least.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
The lifestyle is arguably better, and cost of is clearly lower in Spain, but it does further highliught how massively overblown the PL is in monetary terms at the very least.

And quality. Plenty of mediocre football in the PL but they have done a stellar job marketing it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here