Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Villareal v Man Utd - Apparently means a lot to Utd

HitchinSeagull

Aug 9, 2012
Wouldn't happen if the Glazers had their way with the ESL, what a way to win your first silverware! A result for smaller clubs everywhere.

Sent from my EVR-N29 using Tapatalk

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Whereas the Villarreal goalie belted it with confidence

You'd expect a keeper to just smash it.

That said, it was the two hours of game time that lost United this. Very poor tonight.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Record is 28 pens each

A former Albion youth player was involved in a humdinger of a penalty shoot-out in the FA Cup in 2005 - FA Cup: 16-15 on penalties - what a way to go out of the Cup

Grant Vanson played for the Albion youth team between 2000 and 2003 (he wasn't actually a scholar because he continued his education at Worthing Sixth Form College). In August 2005 he was playing for Littlehampton Town and unfortunately had the 40th spot kick saved which enabled Tunbridge Wells to win 16-15.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
How disrespectful of United players taking off their LOSERS medals immediately....

Bit wrong, arrogant and tasteless....

But then it’s United what do you expect.

They all do it now: that's not exclusive to United. There was a clip doing the rounds the other day of another team (I forget who, but it was basically taking the piss out of the one player who didn't take his off- think he was ex Spurs).

Still looks sulky and pathetic though.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I watched the game with about 120 Man Utd fans in a club just outside Salford. I had to feign disappointment when the final pen was saved. Just got home. Got through the font door and pissed myself laughing. Apparently every one of their players are shite, apart from McTominey. Spanish Dave has never gone the right the right way for a penalty, ever, and the whole world is shite. Happy Days����������

Sussexscots

3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3 3, 3, 3, 3 ,3 ,3 3 coach chuggers
United had two keepers on the bench. Dunno why Solskjaer didn't do a van Gaal and Sub on Henderson for De Gea who's not saved a penalty in five years.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
United had two keepers on the bench. Dunno why Solskjaer didn't do a van Gaal and Sub on Henderson for De Gea who's not saved a penalty in five years.

This. He's now conceded the last 36 penalties he has faced...

I wonder if him being a beanpole gives players more confidence when stepping up against him, he isn't exactly imposing. Or maybe he is just shit at saving penalties. Or maybe it's a bit of both.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here