Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Villa on-line

westsussexseagulls

Sep 22, 2008
Are you saying the club shouldn't try & make money? The blue & white members sceme has been in place long enough, everybody has had the opportunity to join. It's no good moaning on the day the tickets go on sale.

The club should make good money from the gate receipts from the game, not from our fans having to fork out extra money!

the system should reward season ticket holders with priority then general sale in my opinion, first come first served. 2 tickets per person and without everyone needing to be registered, trying to get 4 mates to an away game and sitting in the same places is far much more hassle than it should be!

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
The club should make good money from the gate receipts from the game, not from our fans having to fork out extra money!

the system should reward season ticket holders with priority then general sale in my opinion, first come first served. 2 tickets per person and without everyone needing to be registered, trying to get 4 mates to an away game and sitting in the same places is far much more hassle than it should be!

It's called marketing though Isn't it. you can't blame the club for that, there are people on this site who critisise them for not taking marketing opportunities. Fair enough, not everyone can be a season ticket holder , but I'm sure most people could have joined 1 of the membership schemes by now.

thejackal

Throbbing Member
Oct 22, 2008
Brighthelmstone
Fair enough but I see Kylies point of view. Like it or lump it the club has a ticketing policy & a ticketing system, In your opinion its not ideal BUT it does work. As supporters we should expect to make some effort to obtain these tickets rather than expect the club to pander to our every whim.
Not many years ago it would be a day off work & queuing around the block hoping to get one.

Not a pop at you but for a Brighton supporters forum, We seem to take a lot of pleasure in slagging off our football club.

Maybe, but that is up to the club, and still f*** all to do with the ticketing system. This has been discussed to death.

I really don't give a shit what you do for work, or how long you've done it for, but that is utter shite. You would have to link into the Villa system to get that to work, and unless both systems were essentially the same it couldn't work.

Fine, but as I said before this has been discussed to death and has NOTHING to do with the online ticketing system.

I have read this thread. I have also used the system. Including the friends and family bit, which is really only relevant for a game like this which is subject to the allocation policy. You were complaining that you can't buy more than one ticket. You can, except for this game you can only buy more than one for the next few days for people that are gold members and are linked to your account. What is so difficult about that? It's just making sure the allocation policy, right or wrong, works.

I didn't say it was you, but you were the one have a massive moan up and were pretty much entirely wrong! What do people expect? I mean when tickets go on sale for any major event then ticketing systems do tend to go down. Ticketmaster fails regularly when things like Glastonbury go on sale so why would this be any different? The system isn't helped by people THAT CAN'T EVEN BUY TICKETS YET trying to log in now! FFS people have some f***ing patience and use some common sense.

Fair points, most of it anyway (I stand by the IT bit: I've done lots of integration work and it really ain't that hard if a system is designed well. Can all be done very simply with Web Services and XML files).

My main gripe is the F&F system and how it affects home games. You can't just set up an account for someone else as each account requires a valid email address, and requires you to validate the account. I don't have all my friends details or access to their email accounts, so if it's a surprise gift I can't do it, or if I don't know who I'm gonna invite yet then I can't do it either, unless I set up bogus accounts for the purpose, which I don't think is cool.

Before I was a STH I used to buy 2 tickets for every game I went to instead of 1. Someone was always up for it, and often it got them going to games themselves. Given the poor attendance at Withdean I think the club should be aware that they're losing out with this system.

My apologies, KSA, for my earlier rant! :rant:

Fair points, most of it anyway (I stand by the IT bit: I've done lots of integration work and it really ain't that hard if a system is designed well. Can all be done very simply with Web Services and XML files).

My main gripe is the F&F system and how it affects home games. You can't just set up an account for someone else as each account requires a valid email address, and requires you to validate the account. I don't have all my friends details or access to their email accounts, so if it's a surprise gift I can't do it, or if I don't know who I'm gonna invite yet then I can't do it either, unless I set up bogus accounts for the purpose, which I don't think is cool.

Before I was a STH I used to buy 2 tickets for every game I went to instead of 1. Someone was always up for it, and often it got them going to games themselves. Given the poor attendance at Withdean I think the club should be aware that they're losing out with this system.

My apologies, KSA, for my earlier rant! :rant:

No problem.

I think you've missed my point though. The F&F system is really only relevant for games with an allocation policy. If you want to invite people to home league games you can go on the system and buy as many as you like, without putting their details in, setting up accounts for them or any of that. Just you, logging in, and buying them under your account.

thejackal

Throbbing Member
Oct 22, 2008
Brighthelmstone
No problem.

I think you've missed my point though. The F&F system is really only relevant for games with an allocation policy. If you want to invite people to home league games you can go on the system and buy as many as you like, without putting their details in, setting up accounts for them or any of that. Just you, logging in, and buying them under your account.

Not trying to be contentious here, but are you absolutely certain about that? I just logged in as myself (STH holder) added 3 brentford tix to my basket and clicked checkout.

It gave me this:

- A maximum of 1 tickets for BHAFC V BRENTFORD can be purchased. Customer 7001XXXX currently has 4 currently purchased or booked for BHAFC V BRENTFORD.

Tried again with 2 Hudds tix and got this:

- A maximum of 1 tickets for BHAFC V HUDDERSFIELD can be purchased. Customer 7001XXXX currently has 3 currently purchased or booked for BHAFC V HUDDERSFIELD.

According to the site, even as a STH / gold member I can only buy 1 seat per home game, unless I'm buying for a F&F linked account! This is the reason I gave up trying to get other people to the game and bought meself a season ticket.

Bad Ash

Unregistered User
Jul 18, 2003
Housewares
I've worked in IT for 20 years and if our system were anywhere near as good as Villa's then it would be very easy, yes.

The IT teams would have had what, less than a week to integrate the two systems. You IT bods take a week to make a cup of tea and charge 5 times as much as you originally claimed. 50% of those cups of tea are then abandoned because they are obsolete by the time you are ready to deliver them. :rant:

Not trying to be contentious here, but are you absolutely certain about that? I just logged in as myself (STH holder) added 3 brentford tix to my basket and clicked checkout.

It gave me this:

- A maximum of 1 tickets for BHAFC V BRENTFORD can be purchased. Customer 7001XXXX currently has 4 currently purchased or booked for BHAFC V BRENTFORD.

Tried again with 2 Hudds tix and got this:

- A maximum of 1 tickets for BHAFC V HUDDERSFIELD can be purchased. Customer 7001XXXX currently has 3 currently purchased or booked for BHAFC V HUDDERSFIELD.

According to the site, even as a STH / gold member I can only buy 1 seat per home game, unless I'm buying for a F&F linked account! This is the reason I gave up trying to get other people to the game and bought meself a season ticket.

I was certain, but maybe they've changed it! I apologise if that's the case. I was under the impression that F&F was only for these games, but if it isnow to be used for any game then I agree, that is ridiculous.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
I'm feeeeelin' that lurve thang .....:bowdown::bowdown:
:lolol:

Can someone check my logic please:

If......
1. I and 3 other mates were former STHs for many years at Withdean
2. That automatically made us part of the AMS (now defunct)
3. And weren't AMS members then automically transferred to "White" Membership? Which was free in these circumstances?
4. So that makes me and my mates "White" members doesn't it? Or am I just normal Joe BHA-Public e.g. last inline

I'm registered online with the club, have been for ages, even though not a STH anymore.

Thanking you in advance!

thejackal

Throbbing Member
Oct 22, 2008
Brighthelmstone
The IT teams would have had what, less than a week to integrate the two systems. You IT bods take a week to make a cup of tea and charge 5 times as much as you originally claimed. 50% of those cups of tea are then abandoned because they are obsolete by the time you are ready to deliver them. :rant:

:lolol: very good

Actually it's just a case of implementing a common interface, which would be done when the system is coded, although it would require all ticketing systems to implement it. It's all in the design. Could and should be done for any 'new' ticketing system :shrug:

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Can someone check my logic please:

If......
1. I and 3 other mates were former STHs for many years at Withdean
2. That automatically made us part of the AMS (now defunct)
3. And weren't AMS members then automically transferred to "White" Membership? Which was free in these circumstances?
4. So that makes me and my mates "White" members doesn't it? Or am I just normal Joe BHA-Public e.g. last inline

I'm registered online with the club, have been for ages, even though not a STH anymore.

Thanking you in advance!

Apparently not. Don't get me started on that one. My dad was a season ticket holder for over 15 years (inc at Gillingham), and this year has had for various reasons to move away, so didn't renew. I went to get him a match ticket for an away game, and apparently he owes the club another tenner for the privilige...

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Whatever the club do, its full of moaners. If you really don't want to spend £10 because you let your membership lapse / did not transfer, then just leave it and hope for a general sale, tickets on the door or go in the Villa end.

thejackal

Throbbing Member
Oct 22, 2008
Brighthelmstone
I was certain, but maybe they've changed it! I apologise if that's the case. I was under the impression that F&F was only for these games, but if it isnow to be used for any game then I agree, that is ridiculous.

Yeah, pretty silly innit? Although the whole experience of buying a single season ticket has made me some nice new friends in block D!

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
No problem.

To back up what the Jackel is saying, you can't buy more than one ticket online without having F&F registered. I tried to get a couple of family members ticket for boxing day but couldn't, so had to do it over the phone.

Oct 25, 2003
went into the ticket office

the poor bloke there is the ONLY member on staff available, and was dealing with the e-mails, phone enquiries aswell as a long queue of people in the store

understandable why its taking him a while to answer e-mails

if you live in brighton, ask for it in store.....i went in and got all the information that i needed

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Apparently not. Don't get me started on that one. My dad was a season ticket holder for over 15 years (inc at Gillingham), and this year has had for various reasons to move away, so didn't renew. I went to get him a match ticket for an away game, and apparently he owes the club another tenner for the privilige...

Thanks ATFC, much appreciated :thumbsup: At least I'm clear now, so we'll wait for general release whenever that is (club didn't publicise that). Didn't realise that you had to join the White Membership if, as you said, you've been a STH for 10 of past 12 seasons, but those 2 are the most recent ones.

Springal - wasn't "moaning" just seeking clarification so get off yer high horse! But even if people do "complain" it's worth listening to them if there's a consistent level of complaint in case you can do something about it. BHA haven't exactly won any past awards in CRM, we all know that, regardless of whatever membership you belonged to!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here