Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Villa on-line

It's busy because people that can actually buy tickets are doing just that. Why are you bothering? It will reject your attempt to buy because you're not a gold member.

Did you actually read my post? My problem isn't that it won't let me buy, it's that it won't let me log in, or even recognise my fan number. I'm trying to sort out the problem now so that I'm not still stuck in this situation next Wednesday, when I will actually be able to buy tickets. Given that it apparently takes the ticket office at least two days to reply to any email, now seems like a perfectly sensible time to be sorting it out!

I have tried to log in to this system for the first time today, but keep getting the same error message. Can anyone advise? I am a white member, so have a fan number.

"Unfortunately we have been unable to locate your account using the Fan Number entered. You may wish to re-enter and try again, or contact the ticket office on 0845 496 1901. Opening hours are 9.30am until 5pm. Outside of these hours you can email tickets@bhafc.co.uk and include your name, address and date of birth."

I've also tried the 'I've forgotten my password' thing but I don't know which (if any) of my email addresses they have, and when I've done it I haven't received an email in any of my accounts.

Am going to email the ticket office but thought I would try here first!

See my previous post, should be easily sorted.

Ned

Real Northern Monkey
Jul 16, 2003
At Home
Took me three goes to get in but it works ok

thejackal

Throbbing Member
Oct 22, 2008
Brighthelmstone
What does that have to do with the system? That is the clubs allocation policy.

Ok, so the allocation policy is shit as well as the system.

And it would be if it were a HOME game. It's a bit more difficult when it's away. Do you expect the ALBION ticket system to have seating details of all the other clubs we could possibly play? It's entirely possible that the club are selling tickets they haven't received yet, so allocation is a bit tricky.

I've worked in IT for 20 years and if our system were anywhere near as good as Villa's then it would be very easy, yes.

What about it? Again, this isn't the system but the club's allocation policy, which EVERYONE has known about for ages. Away members do get priority, but not over season ticket holders. Get over it.

Oh grow up. I'm a STH so it's not me I'm on about. It's a genuine concern that people who make the effort to support us in far less glamorous games in the same competition should get priority. FACT.

You still can. For this game where there is an allocation policy in place then you need to have the friends/family linked to your account so you can buy all the tickets at the same time. For home games then you can buy as many as you like without having their details. Is that so hard to understand?

You haven't read the rest of this thread. The Friends and Family system is crap. FACT.

I get the feeling that you simply have no idea what you're talking about and are just moaning.

See below, Einstein.

EPIC FAIL.

I think what you're written, with respect, is a load of shite. I have some geniune concerns with the system, as do many others here, and you, it would appear, are the one 'moaning' or just trying to be argumentative.

Look at some of the other comments pal: "Farce", "Crap", "The system is workable but lets be honest any ticket system that generates discussion like this is a failure". It's not just me!

GARGANTUAN FAIL PAL!

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009

I've worked in IT for 20 years and if our system were anywhere near as good as Villa's then it would be very easy, yes.

Oh grow up. I'm a STH so it's not me I'm on about. It's a genuine concern that people who make the effort to support us in far less glamorous games in the same competition should get priority. FACT.

You haven't read the rest of this thread. The Friends and Family system is crap. FACT.

See below, Einstein.

I think what you're written, with respect, is a load of shite. I have some geniune concerns with the system, as do many others here, and you, it would appear, are the one 'moaning' or just trying to be argumentative.

Look at some of the other comments pal: "Farce", "Crap", "The system is workable but lets be honest any ticket system that generates discussion like this is a failure". It's not just me!

GARGANTUAN FAIL PAL!

Blimey you're very angry for someone who has actually got tickets.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Nope , it's rubbish , registered ST holders who dont have access online to my account, finally get on and order for them and it says -

•A pre-requisite product must be purchased prior to being used to make a second purchase. Membership purchases may require approval before they may be used as a pre-requisite. You must have previously purchased the following product Season Ticket 2009/2010. You will need to reallocate these items to another customer and update your basket.

WHAT SHIT

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
joke system, i cant log on because i havnt got a password and am not getting an email to reset it or whatever.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
:lol: I made a comment about the system, which I and many others have been unhappy with for a while. KSA made a comment about me, to which I objected. Angry, no. Indignant, maybe! My apologies for ranting!

And make that TICKET, not tickets!

Fair enough but I see Kylies point of view. Like it or lump it the club has a ticketing policy & a ticketing system, In your opinion its not ideal BUT it does work. As supporters we should expect to make some effort to obtain these tickets rather than expect the club to pander to our every whim.
Not many years ago it would be a day off work & queuing around the block hoping to get one.

Not a pop at you but for a Brighton supporters forum, We seem to take a lot of pleasure in slagging off our football club.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Nope , it's rubbish , registered ST holders who dont have access online to my account, finally get on and order for them and it says -

•A pre-requisite product must be purchased prior to being used to make a second purchase. Membership purchases may require approval before they may be used as a pre-requisite. You must have previously purchased the following product Season Ticket 2009/2010. You will need to reallocate these items to another customer and update your basket.

WHAT SHIT

Is everyone you are ordering for a ST holder? if not you will only be able to order when their membership tickets become available.

westsussexseagulls

Sep 22, 2008
Try emailing them, I normally got fixed quickly.

My password wasn't my post code, was my name followed by some numbers I think

Have emailed requests twice and Nothing back. I cant beleive people try and stick up for this clubs ticketing system, its utter shite and tin pot! no excuses!

Maybe, but that is up to the club, and still f*** all to do with the ticketing system. This has been discussed to death.

I really don't give a shit what you do for work, or how long you've done it for, but that is utter shite. You would have to link into the Villa system to get that to work, and unless both systems were essentially the same it couldn't work.

Fine, but as I said before this has been discussed to death and has NOTHING to do with the online ticketing system.

I have read this thread. I have also used the system. Including the friends and family bit, which is really only relevant for a game like this which is subject to the allocation policy. You were complaining that you can't buy more than one ticket. You can, except for this game you can only buy more than one for the next few days for people that are gold members and are linked to your account. What is so difficult about that? It's just making sure the allocation policy, right or wrong, works.

See below, Einstein.

GARGANTUAN FAIL PAL!

I didn't say it was you, but you were the one have a massive moan up and were pretty much entirely wrong! What do people expect? I mean when tickets go on sale for any major event then ticketing systems do tend to go down. Ticketmaster fails regularly when things like Glastonbury go on sale so why would this be any different? The system isn't helped by people THAT CAN'T EVEN BUY TICKETS YET trying to log in now! FFS people have some f***ing patience and use some common sense.

It is unquestionable that are ticketing system is what eggs are to microwaves, unworkable and shit.

I want to book a group of tickets for a mixture of members but looking at the system of doing so I may as well give up now as getting all 7 members to successfully add me as their "Friends and family" is unthinkable. I have more chance of concurring Russia with the population of Upper Dicker than getting tickets online.

So I will have to go to the ticket office and get the tickets however this ticket office seems to have turned into a metaphor for it's actual existence. It's there yet tickets for a massive game have not been confirmed as on sale from the place where the tickets actually are. I would just pay on the gate but even that is not possible despite a massive stand and endless turnstiles.

I fear a low turnout if tickets aren't made easily accessible.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Don't agree with everything The Jackal said but I agree entirely that if the system worked well there would be no discussion along these lines. I don't think it's people moaning unnecessarily, and neither do I think it's a disaster as eventually people will get the tickets they need. It is a shoddy system though and the fact they still can't get it right after a few seasons is pretty laughable.

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
If there are problems logging on why not just apply by post as it states you can do?

I forgot password and got an email straight away confirming it. Forgot my son's password and someone at the club contacted me quickly to suggest I try the postcode.

This worked and when I logged on it took 5 mins instead of the 45 mins + I used to wait on the phone.

westsussexseagulls

Sep 22, 2008
If there are problems logging on why not just apply by post as it states you can do?

I forgot password and got an email straight away confirming it. Forgot my son's password and someone at the club contacted me quickly to suggest I try the postcode.

This worked and when I logged on it took 5 mins instead of the 45 mins + I used to wait on the phone.

The point is that the policy is shit overall if you are wanting to try and arrange a group of mates going, far too over the top and annoying. And lets face it the blue and white memberhsips ar epurely about extra revenue for the club, not rewarding fans in terms of loyalty at all.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
The point is that the policy is shit overall if you are wanting to try and arrange a group of mates going, far too over the top and annoying. And lets face it the blue and white memberhsips ar epurely about extra revenue for the club, not rewarding fans in terms of loyalty at all.

Are you saying the club shouldn't try & make money? The blue & white members sceme has been in place long enough, everybody has had the opportunity to join. It's no good moaning on the day the tickets go on sale.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It is unquestionable that are ticketing system is what eggs are to microwaves, unworkable and shit.

I want to book a group of tickets for a mixture of members but looking at the system of doing so I may as well give up now as getting all 7 members to successfully add me as their "Friends and family" is unthinkable.

haven't you gone to away game with same mates before?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here