Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] villa fans view on our team for sunday

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Any player that is carrying any sort of injury must be sent straight to the beach.

Then we should include players that are fighting to impress - not too many together though.

I'd hope Ayari, van Hecke and Moran get a lot of time on the pitch.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Is there a view on whether our game at VP is on the box?.... it seems to me that our game has qualification riding on it, alongside the three games involving Leeds, Spurs, Leicester and Everton already announced.

It's not on domestic TV.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Is there a view on whether our game at VP is on the box?.... it seems to me that our game has qualification riding on it, alongside the three games involving Leeds, Spurs, Leicester and Everton already announced.
The 3 relegation games are televised.

1 game not yet announced, I think.

I assume if Man Utd qualify for the CL tonight then Villa v Albion will be the 4th televised game.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015

I assume if Man Utd qualify for the CL tonight then Villa v Albion will be the 4th televised game.
Ah yes, that makes sense why they are holding off....

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
If Spurs don't make Europe AND lose Kane this summer they'll be f***ed. A proper mid table team with no prospect of Europe to entice new players and same for the Manager. They've already watched their beloved Poch go to their cross town rivals, Slot has turned them down, no chance of Nagelsmann. They're going to end up with Jesse Marsch or someone similar.

They could be in the championship in a few years...

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
If Spurs don't make Europe AND lose Kane this summer they'll be f***ed. A proper mid table team with no prospect of Europe to entice new players and same for the Manager. They've already watched their beloved Poch go to their cross town rivals, Slot has turned them down, no chance of Nagelsmann. They're going to end up with Jesse Marsch or someone similar.

It will be funnier if they lose him for nothing next summer.
Levy must be thinking he has to sell Kane this summer, it’s now or never. Then reinvest the £100m. The issue is that they have no manager and no director of football. So reinvest in which players? Following which strategy?
They’ll be a mid-table team for years if they don’t properly sort this out this summer.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London

Wow slot is a nothing manager and even he's turning them down. They are fooked. They should go for potter and have a proper rebuild.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
It will be funnier if they lose him for nothing next summer.
Levy must be thinking he has to sell Kane this summer, it’s now or never. Then reinvest the £100m. The issue is that they have no manager and no director of football. So reinvest in which players? Following which strategy?
They’ll be a mid-table team for years if they don’t properly sort this out this summer.
🤞

Bestleft2

Mar 3, 2023
We owe them a massive afternoon of total shìthousery after what we had to endure at the
There was no football played from 55 minutes onwards. Just a series of 'incidents'. My overriding memory of it is Martinez diving to save a routine pea roller. Having a look around, then throwing the ball out of play and rolling around initially holding his arm before switching to his head.

This was all before he announced his dickheadery to the world at rhe World Cup.
Same memory for me - it looked like a bad 70s slapstick sit com moment

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
That is a thing of beauty, could only be improved upon if we were top three.
Details could be improved:

89 mins gone: Leeds holding on to a 1-0 win, Everton losing, Leicester drawing.
94 mins: Leeds hold on and full-time is blown propting delerium in Elland Road and mass pitch invasion.
95 mins: Either Leicester score a winner or Everton equalise.

It would be the greatest scene since Reading 2014 when misinformation of a late Forest equaliser spread like wildfire throughout the Madejski.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

I'll probably record our game if it is televised. The excitement of the 3-way relegation battle will be tremendous viewing from a neutral point of view and too much to miss.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne

I think City v Brentford may be the 4th in that scenario. a team fighting for europe and SKY can continue having sky blue run down its chin

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I'll probably record our game if it is televised. The excitement of the 3-way relegation battle will be tremendous viewing from a neutral point of view and too much to miss.
2 screens , IPTV stream of our game on one , split screen a match and ssn the other

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I'd actually be happy for us to lose a 7-6 humdinger full of worldie goals with both teams shaking hands and 'Spurs miss out on Europe' coming up on the screen.

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
Villa need to match Spurs' result to finish above them. If they play nicely on Friday, I'd be quite happy to 'help' them a little bit - payback for The Dell 1978 .....
Blimey, that's a long time to be holding a grudge innit?

Bloody cheats McMenemy and Burkinshaw ..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here