Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Video: Carol Manns - 'Seagulls' (1979) - rare Brighton & Hove Albion 7" from 1979

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Ted Young - 'Seagulls' - I'm guessing this is what kevo referred to earlier in this thread.

Here's the link:
http://www.seagulls.tv/sounds/seagulls.mp3

I've heard there's a longer version of this, but I haven't got it.

tedseagulls.jpg

Yes, thanks, that's the one. Brilliant isn't it ? Now,somewhere on my estate I have this disc - but I threw the Dansette away years ago,so it was good to hear this classic.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Sorry, meant Albion songs-not videos and I'm sure you already have all the ones that are out there.

Oh, I did mean songs - maybe there's something obscure such as what kevo refers to. Also, Gordon Smith (who is meant to be quite good on the guitar) has done some songs, which I haven't heard.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
my 1st year watching the Albion stood on a box at the front of the West Stand. Great memories and great to see the old chap selling the Argus int he video as well.

It's the Albion match day programme from 1977/78 being sold near the start...

seagull 1664

Dec 25, 2012
Yes i have a copy of this record, she used to be in a band with her Dad called Me and him, they played a lot in West Worthing working mens club i was about 10 at the time great times.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
It's the Albion match day programme from 1977/78 being sold near the start...
Wonderful digging GR,heard the girl sing before...only once...never heard the Seagulls one though. Looking at the video in the first song I think it is remarkable how there is a lack of traffic in Brighton compared to today....well done for unearthing them mate.

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
Thanks to [MENTION=1334]fork me[/MENTION], last week I got hold of a digital copy of this rarely heard song about Brighton & Hove Albion from the late 1970s.

I decided to make a video to it and you can see it here

No problem, good to see you put it to good use, cracking video.

I don't own a copy of the single and know nothing about it unfortunately, I borrowed fat Ian's (from Immediate Clothing) copy years back and transferred it to CD.

Feb 9, 2011
Lancing
I remember them didn't know the song was hers though and I was lot older than 10

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Blimey, never heard that song before, the only one from that era I remember is Ted Young's 'Seagulls'. Neither are candidates for an Ivor Novello award for songwriting, but so what? Up until 'World in Motion' in 1990 all football songs were singalong crap, it was obligatory. It IS vaguely catchy though.

Anyway, thanks for reviving it.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Yes i have a copy of this record, she used to be in a band with her Dad called Me and him, they played a lot in West Worthing working mens club i was about 10 at the time great times.
OMG, yes I saw them a couple of times at the Empire Club in Lancing. Me and 'im. Blimey. This is all getting very nostalgic.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here