Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Video: Carol Manns - 'Seagulls' (1979) - rare Brighton & Hove Albion 7" from 1979

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Bit before my time but well done to the OP and Fork me. Some good old footage.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
That is quality. Surely due a North Stand rendition.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Video: Carol Manns - 'Seagulls' (1979) - rare Brighton & Hove Albion 7" from 19

Exactly what I just thought!

Should get this played on the big screen instead of fan zone one week ? ........ :smile:

I thought it was the best way to work the line 'Other teams' supporters may as well go home.' The alternative footage I had was of footage of the famous 'disco trains' that the Football League sponsored in the 1970s (their rationale was: give away supporters a good time on the trains, and they won't wreck the place) but it didn't fit well with the rest of the video.

Benson

Jan 31, 2012
near water
Wow, thanks for that. I'm going to fb it if thats ok? some of the goals are cracking as well.

Any chance of the 'disco trains' footage being available? or am i not looking hard enough?

Boris.zukov

Mar 12, 2013
Brilliant tune......I've asked loads of people about this song over the years and no one ever remembers it,i was only a kid back then and it's brought back loads of memories ...thanks

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Great work by the OP.......before my time but still love to see it,missus told me to put headphones on and turn it down and daughter thought it was opera,i think it sounds |French|somehow..

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Wow, thanks for that. I'm going to fb it if thats ok? some of the goals are cracking as well.

Any chance of the 'disco trains' footage being available? or am i not looking hard enough?

Of course you can! More than welcome to share it...

Sorry for the delay in uploading 'disco train' footage - I made the mistake of using the word 'hooliganism' in the description which caused it to be held in a queue (I think it probably causes an alert on YouTube as they don't want hoolies to stick football violence on). Anyway, I re-uploaded it without the offending word and it processed straight away. Here:

Enjoy!

Feb 9, 2011
Lancing
Video: Carol Manns - 'Seagulls' (1979) - rare Brighton & Hove Albion 7" from 19

I thought it was the best way to work the line 'Other teams' supporters may as well go home.' The alternative footage I had was of footage of the famous 'disco trains' that the Football League sponsored in the 1970s (their rationale was: give away supporters a good time on the trains, and they won't wreck the place) but it didn't fit well with the rest of the video.

Yes see it now and well done

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
Great viewing, song is not so bad. Thanks for the memories again.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Congrats!

The video is better by far than the song,which I haven't heard for years and hoped I'd forgotten.

Much better was "places to go teams to beat,look at our football ain't it neat" - as good a Seagulls song as your likely to hear.Can anybody direct us to that ? Please ??

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Congrats!

The video is better by far than the song,which I haven't heard for years and hoped I'd forgotten.

Much better was "places to go teams to beat,look at our football ain't it neat" - as good a Seagulls song as your likely to hear.Can anybody direct us to that ? Please ??

Ted Young - 'Seagulls' - I'm guessing this is what kevo referred to earlier in this thread.

Here's the link:
http://www.seagulls.tv/sounds/seagulls.mp3

I've heard there's a longer version of this, but I haven't got it.

tedseagulls.jpg

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Ted Young - 'Seagulls' - I'm guessing this is what kevo referred to earlier in this thread.

Here's the link:
http://www.seagulls.tv/sounds/seagulls.mp3

I've heard there's a longer version of this, but I haven't got it.

tedseagulls.jpg

I don't think that's it. There was another song that was played pretty regularly before kick-off at the Goldstone around 1977/78 or 78/79. Anyone?

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
%I had this on vinyl for years and donated it to Tim Carder for eventual display in the Amex museum - should it ever open!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Been supporting the Albion for over 40 years now. Think that's the first time I have heard that song.

Ditto.

It's shocking too but I downloaded the video so my Albion collection is complete...

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Ditto.

It's shocking too but I downloaded the video so my Albion collection is complete...

What else is in the collection?

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
my 1st year watching the Albion stood on a box at the front of the West Stand. Great memories and great to see the old chap selling the Argus int he video as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here