Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Victor Chandler has closed the book - decision has been made ....

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
In answer to your second question, yes, that's most likely the case.

The bookies odds compiler starts the market by assessing information in the public domain and any inside intelligence that might be available. As people bet against the odds then the pricing fluctuates as the bookie attempts to keep a green (profit) position. Unusual betting activity will be flagged and may lead to a temporary suspension of the market while the information and any intelligence is assessed. The market then may be re-opened with adjusted odds or may stay closed.

Thanks for that

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Could they actually prevent JG leaving though (should he want to do so); isn't he still on a rolling one year contract so it would just be a matter of settling the outstanding "balance"?

Given his refusal to renegotiate his contract I suspect you are right. The Board saying "no" simply means that they will insist on full compensation (assuming we can afford it).

I presume his refusal to jump any deeper into the financial mire that is Stockport County has something to do with his reading of some very dodgy (reputedly positively Archer-esque) dealings in recent months.

If you check my user name you may get a hint as to where I am getting some of my information.

I don't know for sure obviously but following the board meeting yesterday afternoon the word is that he is definately not going right now.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
If you check my user name you may get a hint as to where I am getting some of my information.

I don't know for sure obviously but following the board meeting yesterday afternoon the word is that he is definately not going right now.

But may do in a few hours????

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
...some very dodgy (reputedly positively Archer-esque) dealings in recent months.

there's an oxymoron for you. how can anything that cretin do be "positive".

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
Liam Brady at 40/1 to be is a good bet. Strong Albion connections, friend of Dick Knight, lives local, only left before as he could not work with Archer and Bellotti. and if you all remember we were playing some good stuff when he was boss. Just a thought ??

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I thought that I read somewhere that he is out of contract and had been offered a new one by Stockport but had refused to sign it but I may be wrong.

Rolling one year contract, he was offered something different by turned it down - thus staying on the original terms.

So I read....

One True BHA

Sep 2, 2008
Liam Brady at 40/1 to be is a good bet. Strong Albion connections, friend of Dick Knight, lives local, only left before as he could not work with Archer and Bellotti. and if you all remember we were playing some good stuff when he was boss. Just a thought ??

Lives in Ireland

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Liam Brady at 40/1 to be is a good bet.

Liam Brady has come up everytime we look for a new manager since Micky left first time round. dont waste your money.

reigate

Nov 10, 2005
Tried to get £60 on Gannon yesterday with VC. The website would only allow a max stake of £40. Hardly going to get rich at them stakes.

Give them a ring and they may accept larger stakes. I staked about 2.5k this morning (not on Albion boss). Website would take less than a grand but it it was accepted over the phone.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
According to the Arsegas , Paul Ince's agent says no approach has been made but any job offer would be taken on its own merit. On a different issue , Stockport would be aware that Gannon's name is linked to the vacancy and will no doubt issue the usual statement that he is staying with them to enable them to claim any compensation due if he walks.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
The odds have changed slightly since today

Jim Gannon 11/10
Aidy Boothroyd 5/2
Paul Ince 11/2
Steve Cotterill 9/1
Dean White 9/1
Andy Hessanthaler 12/1
Brian Horton 12/1
Dean Saunders 12/1
Alex Inglethorpe 14/1
Lawrie Sanchez 14/1
Nicky Forster 14/1
Glenn Roeder 14/1
Gary Stevens 16/1
Andy Scott 16/1
Iain Dowie 16/1
Martin Keown 20/1
Alan Curbishley 20/1
Ian Holloway 20/1
John Gregory 20/1
Peter Taylor 20/1
Martin Ling 20/1
Dean Wilkins 20/1
Paul Jewell 20/1
Andy Ritchie 22/1
Gary McAllister 22/1
Terry Connor 22/1
Charlie Oatway 25/1
John Ward 25/1
Steve Staunton 25/1
John Hughes 25/1
Alan Pardew 25/1
Russell Slade 28/1
David O'Leary 33/1
Paul Buckle 33/1
Billy McEwan 33/1
Tony Adams 33/1
Dennis Wise 33/1
Ossie Ardilies 40/1
Liam Brady 40/1
Steve Claridge 50/1
Joe Kinnear 50/1

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Give them a ring and they may accept larger stakes. I staked about 2.5k this morning (not on Albion boss). Website would take less than a grand but it it was accepted over the phone.
So if they know your betting profile , can you circumvent the online maximum stake every time or will they decline the odd punt now and again ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here