Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vicente's run and shot from the North

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
Gus was so appalled with the finish he took him straight off!!!

From the WSU that run and shot was pretty spectacular, in fact Vicente's movement with the ball and the way he shields it from the opposition shows just what a quality player he is. Has a more skilful player worn an Albion shirt before? I know he has only played a handful of games, players like Lawrenson/Ward/Zamora played many more so probably hard to compare.

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex
That angle really doesn't do it justice, he just glided past their entire midfield and defence. Effortless.

Indeed. It wasn't like it was a mazy run through tackles, it was the way when he was surrounded by four Derby players, he somehow surged through them as through they were not there. Quite amazing.

Have not seen any highlights of it yet though, bar the link attached.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
I tell you that run and shot made me want to punch the spaniard……….. I mean "knock juan out" obviously, not hit Vicente……..

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
I thought that. From that video it looked special, from G block in WSU it looked world class.

correct fellow g blocker here - been a vicente detractor - now happily eating copious amounts of rather tasty humble pie. Hope he stays fit and playing- a joy to behold glad to be proved so hugely wrong.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Cheers for posting that! I'm in Germany on tour, I've already been told I missed a masterclass, that was obviously one of the lessons! Superb!

It all brings back those sentiments from our darkest days and when you dreamt of a time when we fans could go and enjoy our football without all the anguish and fighting to save the club.

Last night was just one of many this season when the football was just, well, enjoyable and that joy was there on the faces of thousands.

See, dreams can come true!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here