Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vicente's run and shot from the North

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
I would like to propose that if that had gone bar and in like Tony Yeboah, the place would have f***ing exploded. As would the contents of approx 18k pants. That is all.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Up in WSU as well (G). I remember when he picked the ball up loads of people were shouting "man on", and I turned to a mate and said "don't worry about that, it's Vicente"

Why oh why didn't it go in? It's just not fair!

The view we get up there is unbelievable and it's just not something any of the other stands can appreciate, we see the space, the movement, and tonight we saw on a number of occasions four defending players crowd Vicente when he picked the ball up. On this occasion he beat the lot of them, outpaced the last defender and struck an unbeatable shot against the bar. Absolutely brilliant.

Jul 20, 2003
I think his body weight was too far back when he shot, schoolboy error .... nice dribble, no end product .... drive for show, putt for dough

(yes I am a f***ing idiot)

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
When he was hauled off for that appalling miss immediately afterwards you could just see from his body language that he was totally enjoying the whole Amex experience, clapping to all stands, getting a thoroughly huge standing ovation... I think he likes us.

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
I was thinking Maradonna, World Cup v England. No bstard could get near him. What, I say, WHAT a player

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
but Palace fans would still say Zaha is a better player with better ability.

Im in love.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Up in WSU as well (G). I remember when he picked the ball up loads of people were shouting "man on", and I turned to a mate and said "don't worry about that, it's Vicente"

Why oh why didn't it go in? It's just not fair!

I said to my dad "He knows exactly where every player on the pitch is!"

The guy's a God.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
It was worth the standing ovation it got before it was clear he was being rested for the last few mins.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Couldn't make it last night, but it looks like he pretty much ran in a staight line, and defenders just backed off? Qualla, though, obviously...

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Count make it last night, but it looks like he pretty much ran in a staight line, and defenders just backed off? Qualla, though, obviously...

That angle really doesn't do it justice, he just glided past their entire midfield and defence. Effortless.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here