Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vicente

oldalbiongirl

Jun 25, 2011
Gus Poyet today on Vicente - "It might not be very difficult to keep him if we get the team that he deserves, with players who understand the game like he does, and help him play.

"If we can't do that the situation will change, but we will decide it with Vicente. We need to make sure it is fair for everyone."

He is clearly keen to keep him. Even talking about building teams around him.

16bha

Sep 6, 2010
East Stand Upper & Worthing
Gus Poyet today on Vicente - "It might not be very difficult to keep him if we get the team that he deserves, with players who understand the game like he does, and help him play.

"If we can't do that the situation will change, but we will decide it with Vicente. We need to make sure it is fair for everyone."

Do it Gus...build that team!

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
It's fair enough. He is a fair few levels above everyone in our squad or even in this league.

D

Deleted member 2719

As much as i want to keep Vicente i don't want us to end up like Pompey.

Keep an eye on spend, spend, spend Poyet Tony.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Im not sure there are many players that understand the game as well as Vicente , his 4 what seemed mis placed passes today were infact sublime through balls that only he read the end product before he tried the pass , building a team around him will be some feat and not cheap.

Last edited:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

That sounds s though Gus has given something away there. I really hope that's true as it gives me more hope that Vicente will remain with us. He certainly seemed very happy after the match, king may it continue!

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
That sounds s though Gus has given something away there. I really hope that's true as it gives me more hope that Vicente will remain with us. He certainly seemed very happy after the match, king may it continue!

Given what away? That he's going to buy better players?

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Vicente arrived at Brighton under whatever circumstances and I will not expand upon those.

Irrespective of anything else he appears to have achieved full match fitness and some posts have suggested that fewer matches have been won when he was involved.

With respect and the deserved ridicule in some cases, he is a player who comes on to the pitch looking for the ball (an absolutely admirable trait, perhaps look at others) and indeed other players seek him out to pass the ball to him because they know that he is likely to progress the development of play.

Vicente, if not certainly the one, is one of, the most accomplished footballers ever to have played for the Albion and I, for one, feel absolutely privileged to have seen him don the stripes.

Any suggestion that his involvement in matches has had a negative effect is completely and utterly ridiculous.

If he should deem it appropriate to remain at the Amex for a further season or indeed for however long a period of time, then I for one would be absolutely delighted.

Last edited:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
It's Ok. We will all drink more pints and eat more pies to raise the funds.

Great post.
I,m quite prepared to drink another 60 or so pints in the ground if it means keeping the maestro next season.
It's the least we can do.
Who is with me ?

BearwoodSeagull

Feb 2, 2012
Chalkhouse Green, Oxon
Vicente arrived at Brighton under whatever circumstances and I will not expand upon those.

Irrespective of anything else he appears to have achieved full match fitness and some posts have suggested that fewer matches have been won when he was involved.

With respect and the deserved ridicule in some cases, he is a player who comes on to the pitch looking for the ball (an absolutely admirable trait, perhaps look at others) and indeed other players seek him out to pass the ball to him because they know that that he is likely to progress the development of play.

Vicente, if not certainly the one, is one of, the most accomplished footballers ever to have played for the Albion and I, for one, feel absolutely privileged to have seen him don the stripes.

Any suggestion that his involvement in matches has had a negative effect is completely and utterly ridiculous.

If he should deem it appropriate to remain at the Amex for a further season or indeed for however long a period of time, then I for one would be absolutely delighted.

Every now and again on here, someone writes exactly the right words....this is one of those posts.
Well said that man.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
That through ball he played for Buckley in the first half was pass of the season.What vision!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Those comments from Gus sound, to me, like a veiled threat that TB needs to let him spend big this close season. I'm not sure I'd be happy if I were TB unless he has already told Gus that the money is there.

To get the type of players Gus is describing will cost plenty IMO.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here