Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vicente

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Would love a fit Vicente to stay with us. I think we have a chance while Gus, Tanno and Calderon are around to make Vicente feel the love.

Yes he might go to a Prem club for a big money contract, especially to get one last big payday for his family - but can't quite see which club would fit the bill. maybe if a Benitez was still around? I can't really see him going to play for Liverpool. But then if they are happy to pay £38m for Carroll then who knows what Vicente might get offered, - maybe a couple of million which would be a nice pension?

Perhaps Tony Bloom and Gus will feel confident enough to offer Vicente a decent contract and the chance to stay with friends at Brighton - but personally I suspect he will go back to Spain.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Do your homework grummit and youll find there were. If he had gone anywhere else he would have recieved the same treament he got here. Dont quite know what your thinking is here. We have looked after him no differently than any other side who he may have played for.

We brought in one of Europe's top sporting doctors from Germany and worked with him all season to solve his mysterious recurring injuries - something Valencia with all their resources couldn't crack. That's pretty exceptional treatment. Ask around players who've had long term injuries - there are plenty who will tell you they may as well not exist as far as a lot of managers are concerned unless they're fit to play. That's clearly not been the case with Vicente.

Hopefully his run in the side will convince him that he's in the right place to get a good season under his belt next year. Just depends on his hunger for that and trust that's been fostered in our medical staff.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Leicester were after him as well, Kenny won't be at Anfield next season anyways once the septics boot him out he can't disguise their shocking season with a couple of good cup runs, scousers want to win prem and regain their top spot esp with the manc winning another title this season.

It's not "their" top spot anymore than it is Blackburn's. Sake, at what point will Liverpool accept they are NOT A BIG CLUB ANYMORE.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
As has been the case with me ALL season, every single minute I see the man in a striped shirt of the Albion is a joy and a bonus. Every time I applaud him from the field I assume it's a farewell.

Whether it's injury, homesickness, or joining a club of greater standing, my expectations of seeing him again is nil, to save me from hurt. It's like dating a girl MILES out of your league, you just enjoy every single moment, take plenty of mental snapshots to tuck away for later, but the chances of it lasting forever, well, we all know that just can't happen, as there are so many better offers out there waiting to end it all.

Just enjoy every minute of while it lasts.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
I was critical of vicente with his injury problems and lack of appearences etc. Have never been so happy to be proved wrong. Whatever happens its been a pleasure to watch him these last few weeks being fit and clearly enjoying playing. I dont think there is much loyalty in football these days - but lets hope he is happy, his family is happy and he decides to stay. Would be fantastic to see him playing for us for another year at least.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here