Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vicente - too good for us

D

Deleted User X18H

You new to this Albion watching are you ? Best ever player ffs.

he was ok but Jesus put things into perspective........best player in this division .... do me a favour.

Did you go to the Hull match?

Bazzza67

Feb 6, 2011
Brighton, UK
I thought Vicente was head and shoulders above everyone today. even Bridcutt. Yes, he did give the ball away a few times, yes, he stopped dead in the second half when he thought he should have had a free kick, but some of his passes were fantastic (the lay off for Barnes to hit it over the bar), the through ball to Painter in the first half, (but was too slow to get to) and the cross for CMS's header, (for which he should have scored), was great. Everytime he touched the ball, he seemed the most likley to create something..

Last edited:

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
My wife is a very occasional watcher of football, but sometimes the relatively uninitiated can see things which we regular footie fans can't. Anyway, she immediately cottoned on to the fact that Vicente was on a different level to the rest. Personally I was very surprised he didn't get MOTM. When he picks the ball up around half way and powers forward he is amazingly adept at (a) keeping the ball, despite strong tackles coming in, and (b) finding a great ball at the end of it. He is preiership class....let's make the most of him while we can.

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
I like to see him as not to good for us but our best player - lets hope more like him come to join us, then we can get some of the wasters like Barnes and Calderon out.

Do you believe there wasters? Bet after the Cardiff away game you where saying how good they are?! Calderon had a good game last night and barnes does so much for the team. What does slagging off the players atually gain? Some people just think we can turn up to games and turn over who ever we play.

Vicente was the outstanding player for us. He should be professional enough to know what he was getting into when he joined us so I am not worried about losing him in the short term. You have to accept that with the class he offers he his not going to always physically battle back for the ball although I was impressed that he still tracked back to try and cover when the ball was lost. As his match fitness continues to improve his influence will grow. I thought his consistent dead ball delivery was the best we have seen for a long time - nobody has mentioned the corner ball he put on Dunks head in the first five minutes which should have been put away.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Sheer class. The rest of the team need to get on his wavelength - by some distance the best player on the field.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Did you go to the Hull match?

Yes and Vicente was good. But if you think that that performance makes him the best player ever to have donned an Albion shirt and also the best player in this division then you are a bigger tit than you normally come across on here.

philgull25

Jul 29, 2005
Polegate
Take a bow son. So much quality. Probably the best player I've ever seen in an Albion shirt and will only get better.

Don't know how bridcutt got mom over him.

He was on a different page to us at times. Played some great balls and had some good touches but I wouldn't say he was the best player I've ever seen in an albion shirt as he was supposed to be running the show yesterday and a lot of time the play started and stopped with him. 6.5

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Some of the balls he played were actually so clever and so instinctive, no other player was making the run he wanted them to. It's like he at such a higher level, it's not him that needs to learn how to play our system, it's our entire squad needs to learn what he's going to do and raise their games. Was absolutely phenomenal last night, technically he's the best player (from any team) I've seen this season. If we can afford to I'd give him another year now, without a second's hesitation.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Yes and Vicente was good. But if you think that that performance makes him the best player ever to have donned an Albion shirt and also the best player in this division then you are a bigger tit than you normally come across on here.

In terms of pedigree, he is the best player in the division by a country mile, and once fully match fit he should be the best player in this division by some distance. I can't think of another player in The Championship with 38 caps for the best international team in world football......

farawaysaint

Oct 1, 2011
Most of our fans consider Lallana the best player in the division but you don't hear us arguing he's too good for us. Sure, we might say he deserves to play in the prem but if that's the case then he'll get his chance same with Vicente. He signed for you and to say he's too good for you is a bit ridiculous then :)

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Vicente was superb yesterday and worked really hard, not something you associate with foreign wingers. He looks a class above this level and his reading of the game is exceptional.

TonyTownersShorts

Jan 26, 2010
I like to see him as not to good for us but our best player - lets hope more like him come to join us, then we can get some of the wasters like Barnes and Calderon out.
- Not sure you can call either barnes or calde wasters absurd to get on the back of these two, in particular Barnes who IMO is doing a great job at trying to help the midfield and link up with CMS and he is still young and developing. Calde not at this best so far this season but neither has Painter been. Like to see us play more attack minded at home with Noonie starting in place of Dicker as I thought Sparrow did well yesterday.

TonyTownersShorts

Jan 26, 2010
He was on a different page to us at times. Played some great balls and had some good touches but I wouldn't say he was the best player I've ever seen in an albion shirt as he was supposed to be running the show yesterday and a lot of time the play started and stopped with him. 6.5
Remember watching Frankie Worthington play for us bit like Vicente in that he played terrific passes just other players not on the same wavelength.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I dont think of it being a case of him being too good but his football brain is ahead of the rest of our players so they need to up their approach and get on an even keel if possible.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Great game from Vicente yesterday. Seems to disappear from the match whenever Noone is on, and seemed to go down quite easily for freekicks early in the match. But apart from those criticisms, a great signing for the team still :thumbsup:

jackcgull

Feb 1, 2008
Amersham
i would like to see him in the middle. a lot of the time yesterday the defence and bridders had no options to pass forward and so had to trip over themselves or lump it forward. vicente's movement to receive the ball in the middle and confidence that you can give him the ball and he wont lose it is something i felt we lacked yesterday.

odd that in a game where the opposition didn't press so much - but sat back and said go on then, pass it through us, we resorted to a lot of hopeful long balls (which CMS mostly did pretty well with).

Also vicente's diving is different class - he puts his whole body into it - including the heels flicking up. most refs won't give him the foul on principle i reckon

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here