Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vicente - too good for us

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Take a bow son. So much quality. Probably the best player I've ever seen in an Albion shirt and will only get better.

Don't know how bridcutt got mom over him.

You new to this Albion watching are you ? Best ever player ffs.

he was ok but Jesus put things into perspective........best player in this division .... do me a favour.

Last edited:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Agree with my learned friend [MENTION=72]dwayne[/MENTION] - a class above. Incredible control, strong on the ball and great vision.

My fear, already, is that he will become frustrated at the others not being up to his quality.

A real delight to watch him in action.

Along a similar line my fear is he will be gone in January,much for reasons you have stated & to those of the OP.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Thought he was ok, but tired and felt he should have been withdraw with 15 to go. Looks dangerous, fantastic balance, but needs to play to the whistle..... I actually thought he was better at Ipswich.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
He's a lovely player, but a couple of times we were in truley excellent positions, only for his pace on the pass for a simple-ish ball to be far too heavy - end of move.

The guy is class though. When he fully gets his eye in he's going to cause some serious damage.

ManxSeagull

NSC Creator
Jul 5, 2003
Isle of Man
Agree with my learned friend [MENTION=72]dwayne[/MENTION] - a class above. Incredible control, strong on the ball and great vision.

My fear, already, is that he will become frustrated at the others not being up to his quality.

A real delight to watch him in action.

My fear too, in the second half a poor pass was played to him which he did his best to keep in play. After sliding across the ground he lay there shaking his head for a couple of seconds

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
vish was a class above everyone else, another player anywhere near as good as him in the team and able to read his passes and we would have slaughtered hull.

this

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
He is used to playing with world class players. He looked so pissed off at times today. Our players are just not on his wave length.

BeardyChops

Jan 24, 2009
My mom. Seemed more pissed off that he didn't get fouls he thought he should, but I can't see him staying for long unless the rest of the team catch up.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Not one player in a team was anywhere NEAR the same level as Vicente. Brilliant player who will certainly be our trump card this season.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
He played a few balls that players in la liga might have got to, players in Brighton didn't realise that those balls were possible!!
Does have a tendency to go down looking for a free-kick when he loses the ball

Chamberpot

Jan 5, 2010
He was good on occasions, he was very skilful and weaved in and out of their defence causing alot of problems. On the other hand the other players do not play at his level, and alot of the time he played balls which the other players did not expect and the ball kept being lost, which was frustrating.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Another thing - when dribbling and tightly pressured he used his arms and body to retain possession with ease.

Rest of our midfield: watch and learn.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
He might turn out to be the best player ever to wear the Albion shirt.

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
Thought he played well but definitely has a tendency to stop playing when he thinks he's been fouled. Needs to battle back and go after the guy that's just dispossessed him rather than standing still, wondering why he wasn't awarded a free kick. But apart from that, he was magnificent.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here