Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vicente to levante?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
reading the rest of the twitter timeline on the subject the consensus seems to be "bollocks he would ever go (back) there when they slagged him off for leaving to further his career with Valencia" - my Spanish is a bit rusty - the bollocks bit might be wrong but not the rest :lol:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I have heard from a very good source close to the club that Vicente will sign for us for next season. Apparently accomodation is being sourced for him with a minimum lease of 1 year. He's currently back in Spain, but will be back for pre-season and a potential (at least)1 year deal.
Please don't ask me to reveal the source as this could cause reprocussions on their job.
As for the validity of this, the few that I know on this forum know that i'm not a bullshitter, and this is the first post of this nature from me.
I for one hope its true

I'm inclined to believe this to be true ..... for no reason other than because I want to believe it sooooo much.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I have heard from a very good source close to the club that Vicente will sign for us for next season. Apparently accomodation is being sourced for him with a minimum lease of 1 year. He's currently back in Spain, but will be back for pre-season and a potential (at least)1 year deal.
Please don't ask me to reveal the source as this could cause reprocussions on their job.
As for the validity of this, the few that I know on this forum know that i'm not a bullshitter, and this is the first post of this nature from me.
I for one hope its true

Correct.
:thumbsup:

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Also heard this at the weekend, i believe.

I certainly hope its true, but even if Vicente and his Mrs. are willing to come back, it may also depend to a lesser extent on Calderon being here, and to a much greater extent, on Poyet being here.

Here hoping we buy 1 and get 2 free

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I bet Vicente has/had no intention to stay longer than 1 season.
It was a huge wretch to leave Valencia.
So have a year away, get things in perspective, get mind, body and soul in order.
Then move back to end career in Spain, nicely cleansed.

If he were to stay, which I personally doubt, it would prove 2 things, one we knew, and one we were all probably beginning to doubt..

..We are fuckin brilliant.

&

There is honour in football.

Last edited:

May 17, 2011
1066 country
My cousens,aunties,nephews,sisters little boys dads brother who knows someones twin brother who knows someones cousens aunties daughter whos sisters mate works for the club says Vicente is staying. so its bollox like most on here. :lol:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think it's great news to heat that Vicente is in Spain soaking up the sunshine....because if he was still here his wife would probably insist they leave this cold damp shitty country that doesn't seem to be getting a summer and sign for a club somewhere with decent weather :angry:

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
My cousens,aunties,nephews,sisters little boys dads brother who knows someones twin brother who knows someones cousens aunties daughter whos sisters mate works for the club says Vicente is staying. so its bollox like most on here. :lol:

We must be related because, my cousins,aunties,nephews,sisters little boys dads brother who knows someones twin brother who knows someones cousins aunties daughter whos sisters mate works for the club said the same thing.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I too do not post rumours (never have in all the time I have been on here) but he is staying dependant on Gus. There has been interest from other clubs here and on the continent but he wants to finish his career with a challenge...like getting the Albion in the prem..

You have not been charged for this service.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I'll start knocking up a bit of humble pie, should be ready in a few weeks for all the doubters!

Picture1.jpg

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I too do not post rumours (never have in all the time I have been on here) but he is staying dependant on Gus. There has been interest from other clubs here and on the continent but he wants to finish his career with a challenge...like getting the Albion in the prem..

Yes, if Gus is here then he has said he will sign

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010

That makes a lot of sense. Presumably there is a date at which Gus will commit to not leaving, and at that point Vicente will sign. Maybe Tony will release the funds for other signings at the same time.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I'll start knocking up a bit of humble pie, should be ready in a few weeks for all the doubters!

Picture1.jpg

I have an authentic recipe if you neede it but this might give a "flavour" of what you will need to prepare :)

The expression derives from umble pie, which was a pie filled with the chopped or minced parts of a beast's 'pluck' - the heart, liver, lungs or 'lights' and kidneys, especially of deer but often other meats. Umble evolved from numble, (after the French nomble) meaning 'deer's innards'.[1][2]

It has occasionally been suggested[by whom?] that 'umbles' were considered inferior food and that in medieval times the pie was often served to lower-class people, possibly following speculation in Brewer's Dictionary of Phrase and Fable but there is little evidence for this. Early references in cookbooks such as Liber Cure Cocorum present a grand dish with exotic spices.

Although "umbles" and the modern word "humble" are etymologically unrelated, each word has appeared both with and without the initial "h" after the Middle Ages until the 19th century. Since the sound "h" is often dropped in many dialects the phrase was rebracketed as "humble pie".[citation needed] While "umble" is now gone from the language, the phrase remains, carrying the fossilized word as an idiom.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here