Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vicente time to cut our losses and say adios?

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
What do you think NSC?

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
Idiot. :facepalm:

How do you suggest cutting costs if we have to pay off his contract for him to leave? may as well have him so can make a contribution for us.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
What do you think NSC?

Tell us how you plan to do this? Sack him and pay up his contract? Exactly how would that be cutting our losses? We'd have spent exactly the same amount of money, and then there would be no chance of him ever playing for us again. How is that a better solution than spending exactly the same amount of money but having a chance of him playing for us again, and having the young players in the sqaud playing alongside, and learning from a Spanish international in training?

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
I dont think you understand the whole contract situation and how it works, the only way he can leave is.
1. He asked to leave & the club agree but we still need to pay some sort of fee to him.
2. A club bids for him in january and the club takes the offer.
3. He leaves once his contract finishes.

I for one hope he stays here because the experience & knowledge he must be giving to our younger players must be very very good for them. (Thats if he even talks to them)

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Tell us how you plan to do this? Sack him and pay up his contract? Exactly how would that be cutting our losses? We'd have spent exactly the same amount of money, and then there would be no chance of him ever playing for us again. How is that a better solution than spending exactly the same amount of money but having a chance of him playing for us again, and having the young players in the sqaud playing alongside, and learning from a Spanish international in training?
Post of the day in response to OP idiot of the day.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
If I heard now that we'd offered him an extended contract for next year too, I'd be HAPPY. Deal with that, "get rid" brigade.

Fur Cough

Hugely disappointing that he hasn't played more games but lets be honest, we all knew about his injuries before he signed and that didn't stop us all creaming ourselves when he did.

As for "get rid", no thanks, I can see him making a huge impact in the team at some stage.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Pretty certain Vicente has a one plus one contract, with the second year automatically triggered if he makes 20 appearances.

I am hoping the pattern is more like Stuart Storer, than Paul Kitson. (disappeared under a run of injuries, only to reappear at a critical time and make a genuine contribution)

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
If I heard now that we'd offered him an extended contract for next year too, I'd be HAPPY. Deal with that, "get rid" brigade.

Yeah, and so would I.

COME ON THEN YOU BASTARDS

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Yeah, and so would I.

COME ON THEN YOU BASTARDS

Me too.

What I would like to know, is if the Get rid of Vicente Brigade, the arrive ten minutes into the game, leave ten minutes before half time and full time brigade, endless whinge brigade and up in arms about transport bridgade are in fact one MEGABRIGADE?

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I was told that (a substantial) part of his salary was apperance based,

I think you'll find he's not actually costing us that much whilst he's not playing.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
As I said in the OTHER thread, he may not actually cost us much if he isn't playing, who (outside The chairman, the player, the manager and the payroll staff) really knows

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Me too.

What I would like to know, is if the Get rid of Vicente Brigade, the arrive ten minutes into the game, leave ten minutes before half time and full time brigade, endless whinge brigade and up in arms about transport bridgade are in fact one MEGABRIGADE?
yep, it's a state of mind :glare: :albion2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here