Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vicente has [not] signed [yet]

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
No mate, Owen's signing a one year contract with the mighty (cough,cough) stoke.

Vincente, Heskey and Murphy. I have it from a very good source.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
so he hasnt actually signed yet then.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
No mate, Owen's signing a one year contract with the mighty (cough,cough) stoke.

Vincente, Heskey and Murphy. I have it from a very good source.

Not that I'm really going to believe anyone until it's made official, but my thinking is this. "IF" vincente signs, and I think he will, he must have been assured of other signings that he is happy with. We "know" there are two other signings in the pipeline. For Vicente to be satisfied, these two signings will presumably be "notables", probably Prem players dropping down. I'd be a little surprised is Danny Murphy (I presume you mean him) dropped down, but it's not beyond the realms of possiblity. On balance, I'd probably take Heskey as well. So, this "could" be true, but I'll not bank on it, just yet.

Edit : Ok, probably not DM - just seen the Blackburn link.

Sep 7, 2011
shoreham
i thought gus said the other day two signings where in the pipeline. This was before jfc and the new goalkeeping coach where signed

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Can anybody please change the title of this thread? I get excited everytime I open NSC briefly only to remember its just another premature load of bollocks.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
i thought gus said the other day two signings where in the pipeline. This was before jfc and the new goalkeeping coach where signed
Don't think so. He was talking about making signings that would encourage Vicente, and no offense to Jake, Gus wasn't talking about him. I think he also said about 2 signings after Koosch was signed.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Given they don't tend to pay their bills who do we think palace are going to spend their 400K on?

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Not that I'm really going to believe anyone until it's made official, but my thinking is this. "IF" vincente signs, and I think he will, he must have been assured of other signings that he is happy with. We "know" there are two other signings in the pipeline. For Vicente to be satisfied, these two signings will presumably be "notables", probably Prem players dropping down. I'd be a little surprised is Danny Murphy (I presume you mean him) dropped down, but it's not beyond the realms of possiblity. On balance, I'd probably take Heskey as well. So, this "could" be true, but I'll not bank on it, just yet.

Edit : Ok, probably not DM - just seen the Blackburn link.

I think he's going to sign too but I think that you're ascribing far more influence to an individual player (albeit of Vicente's class) than is warranted. It seems too much tail wagging the dog.

He's probably returning for a variety of reasons - because we got him fit and playing again, he enjoys the club & city environment, he gets good"Spanish" support from Gus & Calde, he knows the fans love him, he has a sense of loyalty and last and not least, we're paying him an acceptable wage.

He is obviously also aware of our aspirations but I don't think that "assurances" or him being "satisfied" with potential signings come into it as part of any contract negotiations.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here