Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vicente booking

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
If anyone there today is surprised that Vicente got booked for his goal celebration, I would like to know why?

Them are the rules, I know it, you know it and the player should certainly know it... To much fuss about it TBH.. I am glad that he showed emotion...

He probably will not make enough appearances this season to cop a ban will he? So what is the point of this thread exactly?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Have you considered he might have just been readjusting his ear piece for comfort? Or simply passing on information such as time of the goal, or checking if terewere any subs to be made etc. They talk to each other throughout the game.

It is a silly rule, and I wouldn't miss it if it was changed, but a) why do people feel the need to remove their shirts anyway? What's it all about? It's not a 'natural reaction' it isn't 'instinctive'. There's no need. And b) the rule has been around for years, and is pretty consistently enforced, no one, including the players, can be surprised by it.

Last edited:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Missed it or chose to ignore it,the fact is the Ref took an instruction from the 4th official and booked him.

No he didn't. He has to apply the rules or he gets binned. And he did apply them.

Most of us were sat there waiting for the inevitable yellow card: perhaps it was just you who thought the rules wouldn't apply to Vicente?

Whether its a good rule or not is another debate altogether, but as it stands, Mike Dean made the correct decision, without the assistance of the fourth official.

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
[QUOTE
Personally I think booked players for removing shirts is a crap rule.[/QUOTE]

Couldn't agree more.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
he was incompetent...he kept allowing pompey to take their corners outside the d

Again: no he didn't. So long as part of the ball- even a tiny part- is in the D, then it's legitimate.

On the occasions the ball was completely outside, the referee asked them to move it, which they did.

I thought Dean had a decent game, and always tried to let it flow. Granted, perhaps Halford was lucky (if he'd committed that second foul later in the game I think he'd have been off), but I thought he was pretty good. He was excellent in the Newcastle-Sunderland game last week.

Stop crapping on at officials for the sake of it. Or learn the rules properly.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Again: no he didn't. So long as part of the ball- even a tiny part- is in the D, then it's legitimate.

And to clarify; the curve of the ball overhanging the line counts as being in the D.

What I find funny is the people who (erroneously) complained about this (initial placement was outside of the D, but once corrected it was never out of the D at following corners) seemed to be the same ones ranting at the ref when h tried to get free kicks placed properly.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Didn't Dean Cox get sent off after scoring on his debut for the second bookable offence of "celebrating with the crowd"

He got sent off in that game at Rotherham. Pretty sure it was Alex Revell who actually scored though.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011

On the occasions the ball was completely outside, the referee asked them to move it, which they did.

I thought Dean had a decent game, and always tried to let it flow. Granted, perhaps Halford was lucky (if he'd committed that second foul later in the game I think he'd have been off), but I thought he was pretty good. He was excellent in the Newcastle-Sunderland game last week.

Stop crapping on at officials for the sake of it. Or learn the rules properly.

from where i was sitting it certainly didn't seem that way. Unless my peepers are worse than i thought.

Tomo1794

Apr 7, 2009
Leighton Buzzard
the only time i recall a player not getting booked for taking of his shirt after scoring was Billy Sharp i think, but that was a message to his dead son

I'm not sure if this is right, but I don't think Sandaza got booked when he took his shirt off last season when he scored the late winner against Oldham to put us top of the league!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I'm not sure if this is right, but I don't think Sandaza got booked when he took his shirt off last season when he scored the late winner against Oldham to put us top of the league!

He was booked in the game, according to the official site (but in he match report, not the stat summary). Don't know if it was for removing his shirt or not.

The thing with billy sharp was because he didn't remove his shirt, he just lifted it, which is apparently ok, as long as you don't cover your face, which sharp did not do.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
To be fair to the Ref, when Buckley kicked it away after making a mistake he just had a word in his ear and nothing more!

Agreed, it wasn't a 6-0-6 style "woe me, haven't we been hard done by" moan, it's a genuine point that it seems a shame that out of the two "automatic yellow" offences, the refs seem to have decided that one is actually ok to turn a blind eye to, but the other one isn't, and IMHO they've picked the wrong one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here