Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vicente booking

northstandnorth

THE GOLDSTONE
Oct 13, 2003
A272 at 85 mph
The decision to book vicente was clearly made by the 4th official not the Ref.I was watching the ref to see if he was petty enough to get the old yellow card out and could see he was holding his hand to his earpiece and getting instructions from the line.
Pity 4th officials never see anything in our favour.

BHA Swiifty

Jan 23, 2012
Burgess Hill
the only time i recall a player not getting booked for taking of his shirt after scoring was Billy Sharp i think, but that was a message to his dead son

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
There was a forty foot high image of the guy, dancing around half-naked, on two big screens! The ref could hardly have missed it!

ShanklySeagull

Justice for the 96...
May 30, 2011
Littlehampton
I watched the ref closely as soon as the goal had been scored. The ref got his card out and noted Vincente in it as soon as he took his shirt off and headed for the corner. He then tucked the card and pencil away only to bring it out with a flourish for Vincente before the restart just for the record.

Personally I think booked players for removing shirts is a crap rule.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Rules are rules , that shirt could of had somebodies eye out as it twirls around the jubilant scorers head , fekin jobsworths

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
The decision to book vicente was clearly made by the 4th official not the Ref.I was watching the ref to see if he was petty enough to get the old yellow card out and could see he was holding his hand to his earpiece and getting instructions from the line.
Pity 4th officials never see anything in our favour.

It would have been a quite incredible blunder by the ref had he not been booked. Pretty sure the ref saw it!

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I watched the ref closely as soon as the goal had been scored. The ref got his card out and noted Vincente in it as soon as he took his shirt off and headed for the corner. He then tucked the card and pencil away only to bring it out with a flourish for Vincente before the restart just for the record.

Personally I think booked players for removing shirts is a crap rule.

I agree. I think its because games are broadcast throughout the world and I think FIFA mandated the rule so as to not offend the Middle East nations that pay so much.

Sent by the power of Gus' tactical genius

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
Missed it or chose to ignore it,the fact is the Ref took an instruction from the 4th official and booked him.

Listening to his assistants opinion is not quite the same as taking orders! Every single person in that stadium knew he'd get booked - including the ref.

northstandnorth

THE GOLDSTONE
Oct 13, 2003
A272 at 85 mph
If you think the ref was that incompetent that he didn't know the rule, fine.

Wrong, but fine.

Of course he listened to his assistant that is what they are there for

No,I know he Knows the rule but was going to ignore it,but I believe he only booked vicente because he was told to

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I don't think there was ever any doubt that Vicente was going to get a yellow card. Thought the ref was very good he knew exactly what he was going to do on all occassions and acted calmly in so doing.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Ok, I get it, there is no room for leniency, it's just an automatic yellow for taking your shirt off. But isn't it the same for kicking the ball away, and I've seen Cardiff and Pompey do it loads of times without a single booking.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
The mandatory booking of players for celebrating goals by taking their shirts off has to be THE worst rule/law/directive of the game by far. FFS!, can't anyone just be allowed to enjoy themselves these days ! It's not like it's harming anyone.

Take that very young lad who scored for Wycombe Wanderers earlier in the season and got booked for going over to his family in the crowd to celebrate. Absolutely bloody ridiculous booking ! :rant:

Pathetic, that's what it is, pathetic!

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
He held his hand to his ear and reached for his card.He did as he was told.
You're talking shit. The ref clearly saw it from the very start, and waited for Vicente to get back tot he half way line to book him. Whatever he was speaking to whoever about, it wasn't that.

I thought the ref had a good game today..... for a twat

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here