Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***** VERY IMPORTANT WARNING: Adult content on NSC

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I don't think anyone cares about X rated stuff, you can find that on t'internet if you want to look. It's exactly stuff like the Rachael thread, or the Emma Watson thread that we need to preserve if possible. NSC is more than just a football board and always has been. It's the chat in the pub with your mates before and after the game, in a male dominated environment that should include topical birds off the telly, in the paper etc....etc....

this
and well done Bozza

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
It's more about the mechanism of actually collecting that cash in. Easy for 500 people to say they'll do it, but will they? Bozza would spend all year getting the money in, and then it's round and round again, year in, year out. Just not practical.
That seems like it shouldn't be difficult to me, the sponsorship thread you have people saying they'll pay and then having to pony up later, with something like this it would be a subscription service, you pay Bozza through paypal or whatever, then you get your years NSC 1901 or whatever. Then if you haven't paid again by the time it runs out, you don't.

Lot of popular forums have things like this to help with running costs. I doubt it would come close to the amounts from google ads though.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
It's all crap anyway , sexless nerds putting up pictures of tits on a football messageboard. Go and pull a proper bird and see hers in the flesh !!

Divide the board up , Albion and football chat and then other. That would be a start.

I'd vote for chipping in if we ditched google.

And while we are all speaking up , ditch the post counts again, it cut out so much needless crap before.

Thats my input

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Nah, forget all dodgy pics and keep this football 'and other' discussions without x-ratings.
There's plenty of that available without it being on here anyway.

As long as Rachel stays, the rest can go

I don't think anyone cares about X rated stuff, you can find that on t'internet if you want to look. It's exactly stuff like the Rachael thread, or the Emma Watson thread that we need to preserve if possible. NSC is more than just a football board and always has been. It's the chat in the pub with your mates before and after the game, in a male dominated environment that should include topical birds off the telly, in the paper etc....etc....

These. Does NSC really need a 'Wank Bank'? There seem to be plenty of other places available for that stuff, but only one NSC!

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
football.gif

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I assume the idea of searching 'nsfw' to locate the obvious threads has been thought of?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I assume the idea of searching 'nsfw' to locate the obvious threads has been thought of?

Hi Acker... yes, there have been various among us searching through the remaining threads, and moving them off the Big Board and Childish Ramblings. If anyone comes across anything still on the Big Board, please use the REPORT POST button so we can get it moved.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
I know nothing about running a site like this or hosting etc, but I do quite like the idea of NSC remaining independent and self regulating and not being imposed upon by outside forces.

I see from the NSC finances forum that Google revenue has risen quite steadily over the last few months to more than £300 per month.

To those with the knowledge and experience, how easy would it be to replace that £300 with our own advertising (if we have to have ads) and/or sponsorship, surely we could raise that much each month.

Independent NSC.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I do hope my photo of Darius singing to a child on stage with the up-the-kilt-shot showing his stout little jocky didn't disgust the watchful google people too much. A guilty feeling hangs over me.
I know i can live without a site with incessant nawkestry. As long as our thoughts can remain rude.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Bozza

Sorry if this has been posted before but you have achieved more than most posters, 232 posts , 12 pages since whenever.

Surely if you decide upon and agree what is permissible then you instruct your moderators accordingly. If you adopt my suggestion of introducing, for members, the option to vote up or vote down posts, the whole thing will become almost self policing in my opinion as anything contentious will be automatically flagged up to the mods - job done - NSC intact

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Bozza

Sorry if this has been posted before but you have achieved more than most posters, 232 posts , 12 pages since whenever.

Surely if you decide upon and agree what is permissible then you instruct your moderators accordingly. If you adopt my suggestion of introducing, for members, the option to vote up or vote down posts, the whole thing will become almost self policing in my opinion as anything contentious will be automatically flagged up to the mods - job done - NSC intact

I've not seen any vBulletin modification that would facilitate that and even if there were, I'm not sure how it would help. Simply we're going to cut the board in 2...

- The Big Board. We hope to be able to continue supporting NSC through the presence of Adsense here.
- (Potentially) NSFW. We won't run Adsense here - it will either be ad-free or, maybe, ads from another network.

We request posters to post anything that could be NSFW in the latter, everything else in the former.

We ask all posters to report anything that is in the former that should be in the latter. Mods will move it.

I might provide a 'master forum' view so that people can get a composite thread listing across all forums should they wish. When they drill down to a specific thread what they will see will then be determined by which forum that thread actually resides in.

Forum rules will be re-specified and the moderating team is likely to be bolstered.

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
I've not seen any vBulletin modification that would facilitate that and even if there were, I'm not sure how it would help. Simply we're going to cut the board in 2...

- The Big Board. We hope to be able to continue supporting NSC through the presence of Adsense here.
- (Potentially) NSFW. We won't run Adsense here - it will either be ad-free or, maybe, ads from another network.

We request posters to post anything that could be NSFW in the latter, everything else in the former.

We ask all posters to report anything that is in the former that should be in the latter. Mods will move it.

I might provide a 'master forum' view so that people can get a composite thread listing across all forums should they wish. When they drill down to a specific thread what they will see will then be determined by which forum that thread actually resides in.

Forum rules will be re-specified and the moderating team is likely to be bolstered.

hurrah, sanity prevails. I'm happy to help report or move NSFW image threads. Thanks Bozza!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Will cutting the board in two reduce the income from Google to a level where NSC becomes unsustainable over the medium term ?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Will cutting the board in two reduce the income from Google to a level where NSC becomes unsustainable over the medium term ?

I have no idea, but I doubt it.

Although popular chat will be divided into two, they won't be equally sized halves. I would guess we'll be somewhere around the old 80/20 rule with 80% on the Big Board and 20% in 'the other place'.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003

so you're nicking NSPs idea then? after all these years you're FINALLY admitting NSP got it RIGHT !!

Personally I think you should bin all the latest crap and return NSC to just a plain old messageboard...which is what its supposed to be, not your bloody iShite plaything with twatter this and facearse that :thumbsup:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
We have the pre Xmas sales drive on purchases via the Amazon link to bring in extra dosh but if NSCers made the odd extra purchase through the year via the link this could offset any possible income loss from Google.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here