Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Very fishy news.......

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
It is going to be the best new stadium in the Blue Square , if it ever gets built. After selling Blundell Park for housing and getting all the available grants there still looks likely to be a £8M shortfall which the directors havent got. I cannot see an investor wanting to put money into what is basically a small time provincial club with limited ambition. People in Grimsby are already saying that it will become a white elephant.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
It is going to be the best new stadium in the Blue Square , if it ever gets built. After selling Blundell Park for housing and getting all the available grants there still looks likely to be a £8M shortfall which the directors havent got. I cannot see an investor wanting to put money into what is basically a small time provincial club with limited ambition. People in Grimsby are already saying that it will become a white elephant.

The many opponents of Albion's stadium would have a whale of a time here as this is their argument. Personally I think Baker is a gudgeon and DeVecchi an old trout for carping on about it. Martin Perry is a dab hand in the stadium world. Up the Albion and good luck to Grimsby. Lets hope they don't flounder.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
I thought this was going to be another thread about Jodie Foster :)

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I'm herring good things about their new stadium, looks rather nice as well!

(What?):jester:

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Hope someone brills an end to this whole swordfish affair! Some one with big muscles otherwise we may soon we welking down to there stadium before ours

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Hope someone brills an end to this whole swordfish affair! Some one with big muscles otherwise we may soon we welking down to there stadium before ours

:nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::lol:

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
tbh the tuna this thread is making me cuttle

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
we can get on the sole train then scampi down to the sand castle... or am I just wishing on a starfish? i think its an impsoable bream.. but i suppose every once in a whale it happens.. wouldnt it be blubbery? Im sure whale meet again im going scampi now is im feeling all clamy.

Sorry too far? Im a billy the squid I am just on my starfish to heaven

:nono:

1066gull

The thought of living in Grimsby doesn't exactly excite many people.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
On a more serious note though, the new stadium will never get built as the club has no money or investors ready to give the club any money. Although provisional planning permision has been granted it still isn't 100% as there are several situations with wildlife in the area and what will happen to Great Coates. Makes no sense to why a club who barely manages to achieve 4,000 at home will want to build a 20,000 stadium.

Never going to happen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here