Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Very fishy news.......

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Well with Brighton being a large city with surrounding areas then we have the opportunity to attract new fans to the club, I believe that we will get an average gate of 14,000.

Where as in Grimsby, 85% follow Liverpool, 10% follow Man United and 5% support the town, so they won't get more than 6,000 except for when the big boys come to town in the 3rd round of the FA Cup.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Its been about 10 years since I lived in Grimsby and I'm sure Great Coates was given permission back then. Even then people were moaning that it had taken too long.

They will end up building something awful like Chester's and then straight into Administration. I really can't see the point, Blundell Park is fine for what they need. The John Smiths stand is half sensible, the pontoon is a decent little stand, its only the other two sides that need changing. Surely real estate on the Grimsby Road isn't that sought after?

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Its been about 10 years since I lived in Grimsby and I'm sure Great Coates was given permission back then. Even then people were moaning that it had taken too long.

They will end up building something awful like Chester's and then straight into Administration. I really can't see the point, Blundell Park is fine for what they need. The John Smiths stand is half sensible, the pontoon is a decent little stand, its only the other two sides that need changing. Surely real estate on the Grimsby Road isn't that sought after?

It's been on/off for ages, since about 1998 I think. The club has already been in administration and is on the brink of doing so again. The Carlsberg stand (which was the John Smith Stand) is made of wood and is a massive fire hazard. True about nothing being wanted on Grimsby Road, most of the little shops are boarded up down there now and for Freeman Street well don't go there. Will probably be all knocked down and developed for housing in around 10 years time.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Suggestions for the stadium name:

The Theatre Of Breams
White Bait Lane

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here