Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Vandalism

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Following on from Jev’s thread about trees being snapped in half in Preston Park, have YOU ever vandalised anything?

The only anti social behaviour I can recall is running over a parked car when pissed, with no thought as to how I might put dents in it.

Tame in comparison to some things that go on but still a pretty shitty thing to do :down:

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
Following on from Jev’s thread about trees being snapped in half in Preston Park, have YOU ever vandalised anything?

The only anti social behaviour I can recall is running over a parked car when pissed, with no thought as to how I might put dents in it.

Tame in comparison to some things that go on but still a pretty shitty thing to do :down:
did you regret it when you were sober?

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Messed up some street cones and signs (throwing them about in the street etc) around a construction site when drunk students. Somehow a police car turned up as we were walking away and told us to put all the cones back to which a friend shouted expletives at them and almost got himself arrested.

Outrageous I know.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Messed up some street cones and signs (throwing them about in the street etc) around a construction site when drunk students. Somehow a police car turned up as we were walking away and told us to put all the cones back to which a friend shouted expletives at them and almost got himself arrested.

Outrageous I know.

f***ing around with or stealing cones is de rigueur for pissed students, taking them home too to leave in your bedroom :lolol:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003

Outrageous I know.
Similar experience I had a as a student in Cardiff coming back drunk from town late one night, we moved some street cones, oddly a police car was there in seconds, told us to put them all back.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
f***ing around with or stealing cones is de rigueur for pissed students, taking them home too to leave in your bedroom :lolol:
Amateurs - a mate of mine somehow got a temporary traffic light back home one evening - the old heavy ones, not the new lightweight ones. He was still living at home so when his mum came into the bedroom in the morning and saw this in the corner of his room she was not at all happy and then his Dad made him take it back.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
There is a section of flint wall in the south east corner of Easthill park in Portslade separating it from the 'cow field' as we called it, that has been replaced with bricks. I demolished that bit of wall, 57 years ago. No idea why. It took half a day to do with the broken front half of a discarded metal scooter.

Other than that weird bit of 'engineering' nothing. Well, apart from burning down George the Chemist on Boundary road, but that was an accident.

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
Not so much vandalism but the usual japes as a student. Closest thing I've done to actual vandalism was unintentional. On my first day of secondary school an older boy attacked me in the loos to show off to his friend. There was a bit of wrestling as he tried to throw me to the floor, and when he took a step back to get his breath and swing a punch I got in first with a foot to the privates - I was a goalkeeper and had a decent kick and didn't really restrain myself. He buckled, grabbed me, and we both fell back and knocked one of the metal supports out from the sinks. That was quite a Big Deal and got both of our attentions and we colluded to hide it. I spent the next 6 years paranoid it'd be found and I'd get in major trouble. Somehow no-one seemed to notice it was missing though. I was always well-behaved, he was always a nightmare, but like two nuclear states with mutually assured destruction we kept ourselves to ourselves after the incident :LOL:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I vandalised a kid at schools face, the school bully who was sitting behind me thought he was smart constantly kicking my chair. I snapped and cracked him in the face with a tennis racket, claret all over the place and he started sobbing like a baby which was a surprise.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Amateurs - a mate of mine somehow got a temporary traffic light back home one evening - the old heavy ones, not the new lightweight ones. He was still living at home so when his mum came into the bedroom in the morning and saw this in the corner of his room she was not at all happy and then his Dad made him take it back.
A bloke I shared a flat with for a year in my early 20s had a dodgem car from the pier as his laundry basket. Apparently another mate of his had managed to get it off the pier and 'drive' it through town whilst high on acid.

I can't imagine you'd get away with that today, at least not without appearing on Night Coppers.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Was sick into a traffic cone on a dual carriageway, then gave my name as Bill… Carr of King Road, Ipswich.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
A long time ago we walked back from a night out saw a car unlocked so we filled the car with a traffic cone and a road sign and locked the car for them.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011

I tried to kick a bin at university in Huddersfield, and got my foot stuck in it, ripped the roof off it getting my foot out. Not my proudest moment, also dropped my ID down a drain that night, as I was trying to get into a nightclub to stop my flatmate going off with some bloke instead of me. A catalogue of failure. Oh and I threw a Traffic Cone in a river once.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here