Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Vandalism

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
I tried to kick a bin at university in Huddersfield, and got my foot stuck in it, ripped the roof off it getting my foot out. Not my proudest moment, also dropped my ID down a drain that night, as I was trying to get into a nightclub to stop my flatmate going off with some bloke instead of me. A catalogue of failure. Oh and I threw a Traffic Cone in a river once.
Didn't you also cover some poor Italian restaurant in blood after a night out earlier this year?

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast
Following a stag night there were about six of us staggering along New Church Road in Hove. We thought it would be absolutely spiffing if we took the gates off people‘s driveways and then swapped them for their neighbours gates. God knows how we did it but it looked quite impressive. Not sure what the residents reactions were the next day. :drink:

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
I bought home a lonely traffic cone about 5 yeas ago, I felt sorry for him as his mates had buggered off a week before and he'd been forgotten. When my eldest asked me why there was a traffic cone on the doorstep topped with a baseball cap that I had legitimately acquired from someone, he didn't believe me when I said I had no idea. Miserable little git wouldn't even take it back for me and made me do it myself. I couldn't bring myself to do it just in case I was seen, so I put him with another cone 10 houses along the road so he wouldn't be lonely, under the cover of darkness. Unfortunately my son saw it a couple of days later and I got into trouble again. I get so close to a 'parent of the year award', then mess it up! :blush:

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
Following a stag night there were about six of us staggering along New Church Road in Hove. We thought it would be absolutely spiffing if we took the gates off people‘s driveways and then swapped them for their neighbours gates. God knows how we did it but it looked quite impressive. Not sure what the residents reactions were the next day. :drink:
I know someone who did that! I think they did it around Westdene though, but I'll check tomorrow!! :lolol:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I mainly liked burning things. Nothing major, mind. I used to like sneaking in my dads car, activating the cigatette lighter, and burning little round holes all over the upholstery. On other days I liked to light matches under the switches and controls on his hi-fi system till they scorched and blistered.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I supposedly lost my football club a lucrative sponsorship with a local plumber with an act of cone theft about 10 years ago. We lost a cup final 4-0 and were slamming shots at the bar to drown our sorrows. I stole a traffic cone from the car park to lighten the mood (as it always normally does) and smuggled it back on the team bus, the guy reckoned it constituted 'bringing the club into disrepute' and pulled the plug 🙃

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
No damage, but I do recall swapping driveway gates between houses once on Shoreham beach. And a load of gnomes Moving to the house next doors front garden. I’ve no idea who’s houses they were!

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
As a teenager me and my mates started a YouTube channel in the vein of Jackass but on the scale you’d expect from a bunch of 14 year olds from Shoreham.

Whilst we started with stuff like running through a set of swings whilst everyone else tried to swing in to you it quickly devolved in to minor vandalism. This culminated in us thinking it would be really funny for one of us to rugby tackle one of those giant promotional ice cream cones you often see outside cafes.

My mate Rugby tackles it, the video is really funny and we then move on to the next stunt which I believe was jumping off the roof of that little cafe in Buckingham Park. Unfortunately an eagle eyed member of the public had seen the rugby tackle and called the police. Her description of the perpetrator? A big kid in a white hoody.

Guess who was 6’2 and wearing a partially white hoody? This guy right here.

The police turned up and arrested me and my mate, despite my mate admitting that it was him instantly. I was so naive that I distinctively remember being sat in the back of the cop car worrying that my mate was going to get in trouble for having fags on him :lolol:

I’d like to say I learnt my lesson after my brush with the law and stopped hanging around with such lawless hoodlums but that would be a lie.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I mainly liked burning things. Nothing major, mind. I used to like sneaking in my dads car, activating the cigatette lighter, and burning little round holes all over the upholstery. On other days I liked to light matches under the switches and controls on his hi-fi system till they scorched and blistered.
Did your dad kick your arse? :ohmy:

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Far too many, but one of particular note when a student at Leicester was taking a large advertising board off the side of a busstop, carrying it 2 miles up the main road to the hall of residence and depositing it in the refectory.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Far too many, but one of particular note when a student at Leicester was taking a large advertising board off the side of a busstop, carrying it 2 miles up the main road to the hall of residence and depositing it in the refectory.

f***ing students :lolol:

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
I scratched my name on a bridge over a swimming pool in a 4 star hotel in Turkey in 1998.

Carry the shame with me every day.

rigton70

Jul 5, 2003
Far too many to mention but one that stands out there were cones in the road opposite the Buckingham arms that led to a street opposite the police station. So I moved the cones about that led the traffic in to the police station at 1am no idea if it worked though.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Messed up some street cones and signs (throwing them about in the street etc) around a construction site when drunk students. Somehow a police car turned up as we were walking away and told us to put all the cones back to which a friend shouted expletives at them and almost got himself arrested.

Outrageous I know.

Similar experience I had a as a student in Cardiff coming back drunk from town late one night, we moved some street cones, oddly a police car was there in seconds, told us to put them all back.
Must have been in the days of the 'Cones Hotline'

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I used to do a fine impression of Sammy Smalls to the amusement of onlookers.

1718054133683.png

Until one evening in a youth hostel in New Zealand when I basically went half way through the stud wall.

We moved a large poster to cover the hole and left early the next morning.....

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Like a few on here, I was a bit of a little shit tbh and too many to mention back in the late 70s and early 80s.

Like a reformed smoker, I've made sure my rugrats have grown up with a much stronger sense of moral compass than I ever did.

Different times.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here