Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vancouver, 3 weeks

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
So what are we most looking forward to, apart from Curling Bronze glory and a 5th placed finish in the bob sleigh?

I guess there's the ICE HOCKEY. I think I might support Sweden for that one. I like the Swedes.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
chemmy_alcott_1293169c.jpg

chemmy0704LM_450x306.jpg

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Actually lets hope we see some more of those skin tight costumes splitting, especially on the fit birds. :thumbsup:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
We could nick a medal in Skeleton, thanks to the utterly divine Shelley Rudman. I think our bobsled ladies are ranked number one in the world and should expect a medal of some colour.

I am looking forward to watching 'The Snow Leopard'.

BBC NEWS | World | Africa | Ghana's first skier off to Olympics

..and Chemmy Alcott. There is a cracker of an American skiier, but can't remember her name.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
I honestly think curling is the most interesting sport there.And i'm not just saying that as a bandwagon jumper.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
As a one-time Vancouver Island resident, I am particularly proud of the fact that the city, having just had its warmest January for 90 years, is rising to the prospect of naff-all snow by helicoptering huge loads in to keep the runs covered.

Besides that, bring on the ice hockey and Chemmy Alcott.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Short track speed skating, it's so fast and the team events are mental.

:thumbsup:
I love the short track, but also the longer version. I find it as hypnotic as sitting in the front row of a Paul Mckenna gig.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Never mind which country's taking part etc etc the four man bobsleigh in the winter olympics is absolutely one of my favourite sporting events of the lot, I bloody LOVE it.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Hove's Chemmy Alcott

ot the FLAIREST competitor in the games

Robel Teklemariam of Eithopia :bowdown:

robel.jpg
He was in the Metro this morning, practising in Ethiopia on a road with wheels attached to his skis.

As you do, when an Olympics is just around the corner. He's a one man cool runnings. :smokin:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I love the short track, but also the longer version. I find it as hypnotic as sitting in the front row of a Paul Mckenna gig.

I hope we haven't sent out any athletes that don't stand a chance of a medal. :laugh:

I'll never forget Stephen Bradbury winning Australia's first ever Olympic gold, in quite some style.

[yt]lfQMJtilOGg[/yt]

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He was in the Metro this morning, practising in Ethiopia on a road with wheels attached to his skis.

As you do, when an Olympics is just around the corner. He's a one man cool runnings. :smokin:
Which is on BBC 3, tonight, for those of you who fancy a warm evening.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Never mind which country's taking part etc etc the four man bobsleigh in the winter olympics is absolutely one of my favourite sporting events of the lot, I bloody LOVE it.

Had the good fortune to go down the Olympic run in Turin on my last ski holiday. One of my favourite things I've done - EVER !

I'm in seat 2 behind the driver. The only bit of advise he gave me was to try not to headbutt him as it makes him lose his concentration :ohmy:

Edit - In fact I think it was almost exactly a year ago today as we were skiing for my birthday week and this was my birthday present from Mrs P.

Attachments

• PICT0010a.JPG
    PICT0010a.JPG
    43.7 KB · Views: 81
  • PICT0012a.JPG
    PICT0012a.JPG
    68.2 KB · Views: 83

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here