Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Valentines day

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Don't do the cheesy cards/flowers/restaurant thing, it's deadly naff. Some well-thought-out personal little gesture or treat wouldn't go amiss though, it's a bit bah-humbug to do absolutely nothing.

Mrs Coach

aka Jesus H. Woman
Dave the Gaffer said:
Sanctimonius twat alert ( me not you)

My Mrs and I have been together for 30 years this year and married for 25 years this year......we dont send eachother cards,but my post above shows what we will be having for dinner.

I really object to paying £20 for a few mangy roses, when every other week I buy a bunch of roses or carnations from M&S when doing the shopping ...and they last for weeks.

I may sound really tight, but if my mrs doesnt know I love her by now, its a sad and sorry affair.

:angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

Dave, sod what everyone else may think, and sod those of you who mock me for saying this : that's lovely sentiment. I wish more people could be as settled and caring.

sunshine

May 31, 2006
Essex
Take her out somewhere nice, to her favourite restaurant or somewhere romantic.

or

Send her flowers to her work/home

or

Cook and nice meal and treat her to something nice - some underwear or chocolates?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Coach said:
Dave, sod what everyone else may think, and sod those of you who mock me for saying this : that's lovely sentiment. I wish more people could be as settled and caring.

why thank you very much

:) :) :)

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
sunshine said:
some underwear or chocolates?

Not underwear!!!

they are bound to be the wrong size, wrong colour ( never buy red:down: ) and totally unpractical

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Chockies are good , however diets are all the fad, so be careful

justin

Feb 2, 2007
Brighton
why is it all such a big deal?! just more excuses to spend money we havent got lol! anyway i usually leave mine to the last minute and suprise them (and usually myself) with something nice and romantic! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

sunshine

May 31, 2006
Essex
Well i feel sorry for my boyfriend - it was our year anniversary 2 weeks ago, its my birthday today and Valentines Day next week... ha ha.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
im going to surprise my missus and cook her a lovely meal :)

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Guinness Dave said:
im going to surprise my missus and cook her a lovely meal :)
Have you pre booked the Fire Brigade yet?:lolol:

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Munkfish said:
What to do and how much to spend urgant help needed! :down:

you do need help, if you have to ask on here!

Shall I buy flowers or choccies?

FFS how do some of you get by in life?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Dave the Gaffer said:
Sanctimonius twat alert ( me not you)

My Mrs and I have been together for 30 years this year and married for 25 years this year......we dont send eachother cards,but my post above shows what we will be having for dinner.

I really object to paying £20 for a few mangy roses, when every other week I buy a bunch of roses or carnations from M&S when doing the shopping ...and they last for weeks.

I may sound really tight, but if my mrs doesnt know I love her by now, its a sad and sorry affair.

my god. it wasnt even aimed at you. stop taking things personal

ps the phone ins CRAP

*waits for reaction

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
mejonaNO12 aka riskit said:
my god. it wasnt even aimed at you. stop taking things personal

ps the phone ins CRAP

*waits for reaction

i was referring to herne hills post.

you are a very strange young man

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
As much as you can afford, she's worth it. :love:

Emily's Mum

Jul 7, 2003
In the jungle, aka BFPO 11
I was spoilt rotten last year, a night out in Norwich and a curry afterwards:lolol:

This year will be different as the children are with us for half term, but he brings me a cup of tea in bed every morning and tells me he loves me every day, so I can't complain:love:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Dave the Gaffer said:

Good for you, and totally agree with you. I sent Mrs P a bunch of flowers at work just today. No reason, just did.

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
justin said:
why is it all such a big deal?! just more excuses to spend money we havent got lol! anyway i usually leave mine to the last minute and suprise them (and usually myself) with something nice and romantic! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

can we please ban the use of the phrase "lol" ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here