Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Valentine's Day Vs Millwall at the Amex

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
More to the point how many people will use the Valentines excuse to get OUT of going to the match

I won't because I'm DEDICATED to the cause

.... well that and no one loves me , but more the dedication thing.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
Its my girlfriends birthday on valentines :facepalm: i am going to need a good excuse to be able to get away for the footy :moo: or just dump her???

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I'm being "allowed" to go to the game having struck a deal with the mrs to take her out for lunch that day instead.

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
What sort of woman would deny her man the chance to go to the Amex, enjoy a pint and a pie, watch his beloved team thrash Millwall and go home afterwards.

That sounds a perfect date to me if my other half tried to stop me enjoying BHA he would be kicked into touch straight away.

Man up and just say they will have to go out the night before or the night after!!! Tough love - treat em mean keep em keen :)

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I just noticed this fixture - surely the ultimate passion killer on "the most romantic night of the year".

Do they not think of people with partners when they set out the fixtures?

Anyone got their excuse lined up yet ?

Oh FFS, how have I not noticed that one before.

:-(

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I'm taking my girlfriend for a romantic weekend in, ahem, Leeds, the weekend before instead.

Leeds eh? I didn't have you down as being such a soppy romantic tbh. :lol:

ps I'm glad it's 'Wall on VD. How appropriate (x2)! I don't know about you lot, but I'm already feelin' that New Cross warmth & luuuuurvvvvv. :love:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Leeds eh? I didn't have you down as being such a soppy romantic tbh. :lol:

ps I'm glad it's 'Wall on VD. How appropriate (x2)! I don't know about you lot, but I'm already feelin' that New Cross warmth & luuuuurvvvvv. :love:

Actually thinking of not going to Elland Road now though as it's £36 :(

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Its my girlfriends birthday on valentines :facepalm: i am going to need a good excuse to be able to get away for the footy :moo: or just dump her???

Go on a 'break'? ???

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I can see this being the first sub 19,000 game easily. How many will Millwall bring? Will people be scared away by the knuckle draggers?

Plenty of blokes will be off satisfying (or dissapointing) their wifes.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Valentines Day is the stupidest day of the year when apparently we're supposed to force romance on our other halves whether we feel like it or not. The other 364 (or 365 in this case) days are of course insignificant in any relationship.

Thankfully my girlfriend has the same view as me :thumbsup:

THIS !!!! My girlfriend and I purposely avoid going out on Valentines night and instead go for the following weekend to avoid the criminal rip off prices. It probably makes us tight but who ever complained of a tight girlfriend :whistle:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Try being single then :(

I assure you that if I was going out with any of you, I'd be more than happy for you to go to the football, in fact I'd be disappointed if you didn't take me AND buy me a romantic pie & pint too.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Try being single then :(

I assure you that if I was going out with any of you, I'd be more than happy for you to go to the football, in fact I'd be disappointed if you didn't take me AND buy me a romantic pie & pint too.

I'd oblige, but its half term that week, so I have to look after my wife, as she's off school.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
THIS !!!! My girlfriend and I purposely avoid going out on Valentines night and instead go for the following weekend to avoid the criminal rip off prices. It probably makes us sensible but who ever complained of a sensible girlfriend :whistle:

Corrected for you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here