Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Valentín Barco **Season Loan To Sevilla 23/08/24**

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
If we thought the Undav saga was painful, imagine Barco has a wonderful season at Sevilla.

As a young Argentine with limited English, do we really think little old Brighton has more draw than multiple Europa League champions and Spanish giants Sevilla? He'll be pushing to stay on there, that's my worry about this.

They wouldn't be able to pay him what we can.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
That's the number for Albion information every day, 24 hours a day.
"The Albion LOST ........ (their highly-rated Argentinian fullback when he went on loan to a big Spanish club, was a huge success and decided to stay there)"

Shaktarman

Sep 19, 2022
Can’t believe people are moaning about this - he’s not quite up to it yet and this is the model we tend to follow! Would’ve gone on loan in Jan if we didn’t have an injury crisis - same with Facu. Good move.

Professor Plum

Jul 27, 2024
Can’t believe people are moaning about this - he’s not quite up to it yet and this is the model we tend to follow! Would’ve gone on loan in Jan if we didn’t have an injury crisis - same with Facu. Good move.
Not quite up to it? What planet are you on? He's exceptionally talented. The bloke should be playing every game IMO.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
If we thought the Undav saga was painful, imagine Barco has a wonderful season at Sevilla.

As a young Argentine with limited English, do we really think little old Brighton has more draw than multiple Europa League champions and Spanish giants Sevilla? He'll be pushing to stay on there, that's my worry about this.
Just imagine if Bloom, Barber and Weir had had those thoughts 🤣🤣 and reached a different conclusion 🤣🤣

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I’m not happy about this either.

He’s was the shining light amongst the dross at the end of last season.
He’s a full Argentina international
Full of pedigree
Can develop here
Will no doubt get game time considering our injury issues at full back.

Bad decision.
Can't really defend very well yet.
Could have been carded on several occasions away to Bournemouth when he led with his elbow in a number of aerial challenges.
Someone else gets to give one of our players game time that he won't be guaranteed here if/when Estupinan is fit.

Although I agree that it's a slightly strange move.

Super Sub

Aug 13, 2016
Can't really defend very well yet.
Could have been carded on several occasions away to Bournemouth when he led with his elbow in a number of aerial challenges.
Someone else gets to give one of our players game time that he won't be guaranteed here if/when Estupinan is fit.

Although I agree that it's a slightly strange move.
I’ve read people saying his defending isn’t up to it yet but what I’ve seen is very different. He’s a tenacious terrier that doesn’t pander to anyone.
Each to their own but imho his defending is fine

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I’ve read people saying his defending isn’t up to it yet but what I’ve seen is very different. He’s a tenacious terrier that doesn’t pander to anyone.
Each to their own but imho his defending is fine
From memory watch the Bournemouth & Man Utd games again end of last season

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Disappointed if he does go out on loan especially if it is to Spain.
Would have thought a loan to a club in England would have been better, continue to learn the lingo and get to grips with the more physical side.

Super Sub

Aug 13, 2016
From memory watch the Bournemouth & Man Utd games again end of last season
He’s made mistakes for sure but so has Dunky, Mitoma and Welbeck etc. I’m not going to hold a few silly mistakes against a guy with immense talent. No-one is perfect.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
He’s made mistakes for sure but so has Dunky, Mitoma and Welbeck etc. I’m not going to hold a few silly mistakes against a guy with immense talent. No-one is perfect.

He made quite a few in a small amount of games. Absolutely a talent but would benefit from making those mistakes elsewhere not in a European chasing team.

Rather get some more experience in ourselves than relying to much on youth like we had to do to much last season

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
We won't achieve anything if we become the training ground for Arse,Manure,Chavski,Scouserpools of the world to snap them up when they are ready.
If we hadn’t reached europe for the first time, achieved our highest ever league position, consolidated our position in the premier league and reinvested a lot of the money we’ve made following the model you don’t like, then you’d have a point

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here