Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Valentín Barco **Season Loan To Sevilla 23/08/24**

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Agree JP just had a standard progression, i.e. he was not positioned in first team and then moved back.

Everyone has their own view , with Barco & Buonanotte being first team and then shipped out on loan is not a good message. Hopefully I am wrong and that both individuals respond well and comeback better.

Of the two I was more surprised about Barco given that Pervis not back yet but to be fair to Hinshelwood he has shown how competent a player he is by playing out of position again, roasted by Harrison but better today.

Good job I am not the manager we would still be playing Murray.
It's the level they're being loaned to. If Buonanotte was off to League 1 and Barco to the Belgian 2nd. division you'd have a point, but they're not.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
They're teenagers who have been loaned out to top flight clubs where they can get regular minutes. I fail to see the negatives.
Strikes me that there is method in throwing these youngsters in early, sink or swim to a degree, but in the process add exposure and value to your investment.

Rather than buying youth and automatically loaning them, we do appear to be giving them a chance, then loan. Perhaps this gets them a better loan, maybe us a better loan terms, and in the process adding a final value if they don’t work out for us.

I’ve rather felt our investment this summer is less about the money from previous sales and more about the potential value we have in the squad.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Hmmm, been a while since we could label our football operations as fools.

Appreciate you rate him and we might regret it, but fools? I don’t think so. You can make a mistake in judgement without being a fool.
I’ll go with that. I just think he’ll learn more by being here than being in Sevilla.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
If he’s here, and Pervis is shit, he would have played.
Only if Ferdi (the best left back at Euro ‘24) is on Right Back duty or injured.

Then there is Boscagli. This supreme left footed ball playing centre back has played at left back over 60 times. If we sign him, I’m sure there’ll be games where tactically, a left footed Veltman is a better option for Hürzeler than the sort of attacking threat an Estupiñán or Kadıoğlu gives you. Everton springs to mind with the constant diagonal ball Hinshelwood struggled with.

Finally, Lamptey was many people’s MotM against Marseilles away at Left Back. But I do sadly believe he’ll be leaving the club this week.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Only if Ferdi (the best left back at Euro ‘24) is on Right Back duty or injured.

Then there is Boscagli. This supreme left footed ball playing centre back has played at left back over 60 times. If we sign him, I’m sure there’ll be games where tactically, a left footed Veltman is a better option for Hürzeler than the sort of attacking threat an Estupiñán or Kadıoğlu gives you. Everton springs to mind with the constant diagonal ball Hinshelwood struggled with.

Finally, Lamptey was many people’s MotM against Marseilles away at Left Back. But I do sadly believe he’ll be leaving the club this week.
Lampty has been wonderful, but with his track record for injuries I fear we can’t carry him.

Boscagli is an ‘if’, whereas I believe Barco would have created real competition for that place. Ah well, it’s done now.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Lampty has been wonderful, but with his track record for injuries I fear we can’t carry him.

Boscagli is an ‘if’, whereas I believe Barco would have created real competition for that place. Ah well, it’s done now.
I don’t disagree. I think the loan is not really in the short term interests of the club but the long term benefit (happier and better Barco having had a lot more minutes because he’ll be 1st choice at the multi-Europa champions) probably outweighs that.

And the decision making at the club is nearly always based on long term benefit as RDZ found out to his disappointment.

Bit random, my son was just getting his hair cut in Brighton and his barber had just before him cut Barco’s! Seville taking their time 🤣

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Pro tip: if using your phone, add the properly accented to your personal dictionary and then it'll be suggested each time you start to type it. Then you can Kadıoğlu correctly with no effort.
Full NSC suite

1724689336538.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here