Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Vaccine passport required to enter Amex

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
What’s the point of COVID check (which I didn’t have to give) when there was hardly any mask wearing - f*ing pointless as getting a LFT which you can just use water to get a negative result

Miximate

Aug 30, 2012
Mid Sussex
ESU - Reasonably long queues 30 mins before k.o. All moved quite well. Quick check on NHS COVID pass, no photo ID required or pat down/wand scan "we want to get you all in quickly". Probably in within 10 -12 mins of standing at back of queue. Very little evidence of mask wearing on concourse.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
A ‘not’ needs to be added to the thread title. No Covid passport check, no searches, no ID checked for entry to West Stand Lower. I have no idea why there was such a long queue an hour before KO, given there was less reason for it than in pre Covid times. There were also hardly any stewards; just one for the entire queue which meant continual queue jumping which the kid on patrol couldn’t see whilst he was staring at his shoelaces. I was all for the checks but the half arsed effort yesterday meant I am now of the opinion that it’s not worth bothering. 0/10 from the club.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Agree with many posters. Totally pointless. No COVID check. In fact, just waved through. Zero mask wearing, and being honest, in a packed stadium it is nigh on impossible anyhow. I'd imagine quite a lot of transmission will have happened yesterday. I guess we just have to hope a 'echo' variant that can't circumnavigate the vaccine doesn't emerge.

Face it, led by our weak political leaders, people have decided that COVID is over and no longer poses a threat. Whenever I hear a politician say "we must trust in the judgment of people," I actually hear them say, "I'm absolving myself of difficult decisions."

I wear a mask, not because I'm frightened of getting COVID, but I don't want to transmit it; I don't want to infect others; I don't want to waste hospital beds and I'd like to avoid another mutation. If you are frightened of COVID, then my advice is stay away until the club and our dear leaders can either a) manage the situation better or b) eradicate COVID.

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast
A ‘not’ needs to be added to the thread title. No Covid passporat check, no searches, no ID checked for entry to West Stand Lower. I have no idea why there was such a long queue an hour before KO, given there was less reason for it than in pre Covid times. There were also hardly any stewards; just one for the entire queue which meant continual queue jumping which the kid on patrol couldn’t see whilst he was staring at his shoelaces. I was all for the checks but the half arsed effort yesterday meant I am now of the opinion that it’s not worth bothering. 0/10 from the club.

We got to the ground early - about 4.15, went through the Covid check, no problem, went through the West Upper entrance turnstiles (South Stand End), no problem, then up the stairs for a pint, no problem. 10/10 from the club. :drink:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Checks are essentially futile. If you’re going to let 30k people in that close proximity, if covid is lurking about it will spread. But I personally believe that is no longer a reason to keep life on hold.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
Joined queue for WSU south end at 4.20pm … longish queue but moved reasonably quickly … mask on … COVID pass on phone cross checked with ID … then scanned with the ‘wand’ … was asked what was in my left pocket … showed the lady it was a glasses case … onto turnstile and scanned season ticket at first attempt … up the stairs … loo visit … joined a short queue for my pie and cuppa … up to seat … mask off … 3 points!

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

They were certainly set up to do everything when we arrived with most stewards right by the turnstiles. It’s just that they didn’t bother. I wonder whether it was best intentions up until 4.30 then just get everybody inside after. The perimeter check before the stadium certainly didn’t happen. Yesterday was no different to Burnley last week despite the spin beforehand.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Arrived at the ground just after 3pm.
Unfortunately, 1901 5 mins late opening, which resulted in a significant queue to the COVID check point.
Everything was as advertised with ID and vaccine proof checked.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
System worked perfectly in the North for me. I wasn't expecting masks to be enforced, when I was on the concourse most were drinking or eating anyway. The safe feeling came from the vaccination/negative test requirements. Anyone prepared to fake the test just to go to football and risk the lives of other people is a selfish a***

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
System worked perfectly in the North for me. I wasn't expecting masks to be enforced, when I was on the concourse most were drinking or eating anyway. The safe feeling came from the vaccination/negative test requirements. Anyone prepared to fake the test just to go to football and risk the lives of other people is a selfish a***

Sadly tho, there will have been some of those people there yesterday, sharing shouty conversations on the packed concourses or bundling onto the packed trains. And for those same people the concept of wearing a mask would have been utterly alien to them. Would strongly advise anyone who went yesterday, jabbed or not, to take a lateral flow test in a few days

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
I’m wondering if they should keep the requirements..but do random checks to keep peeps on their toes

Was thinking the same - I suspect this is where it will go, and makes sense as a compromise.

Of course there will always be a few tw*ats that can't be arsed with the very minimal hassle involved in making sure they are tested (or downloading their vaccination status) and will find ways round the checks and then congratulate themselves on how clever they've been. Arses will be arses.

But I expect that the vast majority do what is asked, either because they feel that is the right thing to do or because they know there will be some random checking and don't want to get caught out. And that means there is a significant risk reduction and, ultimately less chance we'll all be watching football in half empty stadiums again come autumn/winter.

The aim is risk reduction not risk elimination.

And on that note, for anyone that didn't go because they were nervous, and are now reading about packed concourses etc, my experience yesterday was that, while you certainly have to accept some increased risk, that desn't mean that there is nothing you can do to minimise that risk if you do decide to go.

I went by train, but timed both arrival and departure to avoid the most crowded and it was OK. Not great (don't expect any/many people to wear masks on the train, I can't understand why you wouldn't, but most people won't and you just have to accept that), but OK.

I didn't hang around on the concourse which did feel far too crowded for comfort for me. Had a drink outside on arrival and nipped down to grab a pie once the game had started. Also nipped to the toildet during a brief break in play. All good, no real worries at all.

The game itself - well there's a lot of people, packed together, but it's outdoors and it doesn't feel a major problem, to me at least. You are only really close to a small number of people and knowing that the people around me have most likely been vaccinated or tested makes the risk feel very low.

There were a couple of pinch points along the way, mostly during travel, where there was no choice but to end up pressed together in a crowd. They were the only uncomfortable points, and as I say, that's the risk you need to accept. But don't think there is nothing that can be done to make the whole thing less risky for those that have reason to be worried. Overall, I felt the risk vs reward was very much more than worthwhile!

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Poor old Barbs must of been in a conundrum, keep up the ID checks or lose money on the concourses. Basic maths tells you the ID plan is never going to work if thousands turn up half hr before kick off.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
We got to the ground early - about 4.15, went through the Covid check, no problem, went through the West Upper entrance turnstiles (South Stand End), no problem, then up the stairs for a pint, no problem. 10/10 from the club. :drink:

Same, but WSL. Small queue, took maybe 2 mins to get in.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Arrived at 4.40ish, walked all the way past the enormous queues for East stands expecting the worst only to find tiny queue for the North. Got my phone out and told they weren't checking as queues too long and took about 30 seconds to get in, using downloaded ticket.

About 90% mask wearing on buses both ways, but not much elsewhere.

*edit* And no bloody highlights, or final score on the concourse :annoyed:

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
No vaccine checks for the West lower, queue coming from station end huge, we joined queue coming from coach park end, had about 20 people in it[emoji2371]
Woke up this morning and my ticket has already updated for the visit of the bin dippers.
Aye aye [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here