Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

USA trying to wind up Rooney

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Let's be fair to Lalas here, Rooney IS a sulky baby when he doesn't get his own way, I just hope to spoilt brat doesn't cost us.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Let's be fair to Lalas here, Rooney IS a sulky baby when he doesn't get his own way, I just hope to spoilt brat doesn't cost us.

:wozza: Rooney has grown up a lot in the past 3-4 years or so,I'm sure our best player by miles, won't cost us to dearly...:glare:

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
:wozza: Rooney has grown up a lot in the past 3-4 years or so,I'm sure our best player by miles, won't cost us to dearly...:glare:

I agree, but he is still prone to his mad moments. I would do exactly the same if I was Lalas, it worked for Scolari.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Rooney started to go Ape Shit in the second half of a meaningless game against Japan last Sunday so he certainly could be a liability. The chances of us self destructing are very high.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Fingers crossed he keeps his cool, we don't exactly have the most stunning squad so we are going to need what little real class we have to stand up and be counted.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
If Rooney gets wound up enough he WILL blow and thats a fact. The opposition will know this and will target him for some special treatment and " banter".

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I predict we will come 2nd in the Group and lose to Serbia in the 2nd round.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Realistic.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Rooney gets wound up when he doesnt see much of the ball. with Lennon/SWP on the right and cole/gerrard on the wings, Heskey holding up long balls to lay off to him, he will get plenty of service and be a happy bunny. also, this fella rasing the issue will hopfully put it in Capellos mind and he'll keep an eye. i dont think he'd think twice about subbing Rooney off if he starts looking frustrated in a game, save him for the next.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Slightly o/t but related, do I remember rightly that yellow cards picked up in the group stage are wiped out for the knock out stage?

Cloughie

Jun 7, 2009
Slightly o/t but related, do I remember rightly that yellow cards picked up in the group stage are wiped out for the knock out stage?

I understand that is correct. Two yellows = 1 Match ban.

IMHO - Our best player is not Rooney, it is (Love him or hate him) Ashley Cole. He is after all the only player in our squad which is unanimously considered to be the best in the world (If you were to put together a world XI) in his posistion...

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Rooney is world class, but lets face it, he is not the full ticket is he. When things go tits up, he just whinges and puts in stupid challenges, a la when he cost us the game against Portugal in 2006 by being a f***ing idiot. It wasn't Ronaldo's fault, it was his.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Lalas has spent the past 10 years slagging off English football to anyone that will listen.

If it's a soundbite on Wayne Rooney, someone he's evidently over-familiar with (not), Lalas is your man, and where better to do it than somewhere tha wants England to fail - the Daily Mail?

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Wasn't the last time Rooney got sent off like 3 years ago? He has calmed down hugely now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here