Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

USA trying to wind up Rooney

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
Realistic.

It's easy to be negative because you have nothing to lose... but I can't see it brings much joy other than impressing the internet.

Presonally, I think we have a viable route to the semi's, before losing to Brazil. But seperatng heart & head is difficult.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I can't believe how negative some people are. Get behind the team.

I will but to be honest this squad is much worse than our last 2 World Cup finals. There are about 10 teams who are better in South Africa.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
We know what will happen.

1. We will get through the group stages whilst failing to impress
2. We may play well in the 2nd round or just as easily f*** it up
3. There's a chance we could make the quarter finals but if we do it is a guarantee we will bottle it and one of our players will get sent off and/or we will lose in a penalty shoot out
4. Semi finals and further - forget it

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Your just depressed Unc, you have become negative about everything on here lately. If you don't have faith what do you have really? You have to BELIEVE. Being a realist/pessimist is just boring isn't it? Before you say, yes yes... I know your a balding, middle aged & unemployed but why not look on the bright side of life? :thumbsup:

We have one of the most talented squads in the world, who says we can't win it? France did it in 98 with a team that was no better than we have now. Greece won Euro 2004 with a wank team. We CAN do it. BELIEVE.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Exactly what I would be doing to Rooney....well done lalaS

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
Realistic.

How is that POSSIBLY 'realistic'? Saying that we will finish second to (I assume) America and then lose in the next stage of the competition is not 'realistic'. It is highly pessimistic. We don't have the best squad in the world, but you don't need to to win the World Cup. In my opinion, we have the best manager in the tournament, which is far more important.

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
we have an excellent manager, if we were so great at the last world cup why was half of the tournament spent on England looking like they didn't want to scuffle their hair (Rooney of course has little hair so stomped on a Portuguese's balls instead) Fabio has literally turned this side around into a dangerous competitor, if anyones a wild card, its us.

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
Rooney's biggest problem is that he bites to easily. I hope he keeps his cool, otherwise we might be placed in a rather large pile of shit. And another 4 years of hurt.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Have I been in a time machine to 3 years ago? When was the last time Rooney got sent off? Go on...

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
I predict we will come 2nd in the Group and lose to Serbia in the 2nd round.

God your a bundle of f***ing joy. I am not saying we will win the whole thing and I am not saying we won't go out at the group stage......but I am going to look forward to watching my country in the World Cup. It comes round once every 4 years and to be as negative as you must be tiring and totally depressing. Why inflict it on us all?

As for Rooney, yes he can get silly but I really think Capello has this under control. Lalas is a tool, even if Rooney does not play or plays poorly the USA know there are other players to worry about. Lennon, Lamps, Gerrard and Joe Cole. Just normal press talk from a nation that is worried about playing England. I hope our boys keep shtum and just do it on the pitch!

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
Interesting reading this thread for the first time now. While I would have probably been inclined to join those pouring scorn on Uncle Spielberg's negative forecast pre-tournament, it's fair to say that his assessment of England's future fortunes proved scarely (and depressingly) accurate...albeit Serbia were never likely to win their group in order to face us in the last 16!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here