Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Urgent Message For NSC Punters

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
There is all sorts going on at Ninian Park this morning. Graham Kavanagh has already been sold to Wigan and four or five other players are reported to be in talks with other clubs.

The club itself doesn't seem to be in any immediate danger, but there is a serious boardroom power battle underway and Hammam is allegedly selling players in a desperate bid to retain control.

This news obviously has a great impact on the Championship relegation battle, and the bookies appear to be slow on the uptake. Cardiff are still 7/2 for relegation with Bet365.com, and that is a MASSIVE price under the current circumstances.

This time last week I thought we had next to no chance of relegation, but things have gone absolutely nuts since then. Anybody who takes their betting seriously will know that Cardiff's price is currently way too big, even if no other players leave the club, as Kavanagh is such a huge influence in our midfield.

I've had £200 at 7/2 this morning. Obviously I hope I never see that money again, but it looks too big a price to miss. I haven't got time right now to go into great detail about our situation, but I just thought I'd pass the info on.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Bloody hell mate, sounds like it's all going a bit PETE down there.

Hope everything calms down a bit.

:ohmy:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I'm not blaming you LB but it is sad to be in a situation where you can bet on your own team being relegated.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
:nono:

Who else is off?

Thorne to forest?
McAnuff to stoke?
Campbell to league 1?

Cant see Gabbiadon going as he is premiership class, and wouldn't go to a championship club.

Harveys_HammersLH

Feb 5, 2004
Guildford
Hello,

Seems that we might be signing James Collins from you - one of the five players you are talking about. Any news from your end?

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Scarface said:
Who are the other players being sold? Read on the Stoke site that they are supposed to be in talks with Paul Parry.

Peter Thorne on his way to Forest to replace King who has gone to Leeds on loan.

IF stoke get parry or mcanuff, then we could be in trouble on both wings, as they recently got harper on the right :nono:

Cardiff should take note of us, selling Currie, and Cullip and playing better than before :D

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
To point something like that out in your situation is somewhat surprising, but thanks I guess. To be honest, I won't be too disappointed to see anyone else fill the last spot, we're not 100% safe yet, but this isn't the way to see it go...

Harveys_HammersLH

Feb 5, 2004
Guildford
saafend_seagull said:
Is your signature a joke?

:lolol:

Anyway back on topic.
This Collins lad - from what I've seen is a top player.
Rumours from both ends say we are in talks with the player today.

:J)

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Cardiff are lucky that they can sell players in their current situation. From next season they wouldn't be able to (see BBC link). And what would happen to them then... administration?

Scarface

Apr 16, 2004
Burgess Hill
Just looking at the BHABet site I noticed that Brighton are no longer in the 'to be relegated' section even Wolves (25-1) and Leicester (20-1) are in it! And even better is that we are in the 'to reach the playoffs' section at 16-1! :clap2:

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Scarface said:
Just looking at the BHABet site I noticed that Brighton are no longer in the 'to be relegated' section even Wolves (25-1) and Leicester (20-1) are in it! And even better is that we are in the 'to reach the playoffs' section at 16-1! :clap2:

Was just going to post exactly the same thing. The bookies think it's more likely we'll finish 6th than 22nd!!!!!!

Scarface

Apr 16, 2004
Burgess Hill
DTES said:
Was just going to post exactly the same thing. The bookies think it's more likely we'll finish 6th than 22nd!!!!!!
They seem to have stopped taking bets on Rotherham (although that was probably a long time ago), but my guess is that they are only looking at league position but strangely Leicester are only 14-1 to reach the playoffs but are also in the relegation section.

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Harveys_HammersLH said:
This Collins lad - from what I've seen is a top player.

Top prospect. Big, fast, strong, good in the air and has great passing range. Also pops up with the odd goal now and again. Probably a better long-term prospect than Danny Gabbidon, although still a bit rough around the edges.

Very, very ginger though.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here