Barcombe
As ginger as this?

ginger.jpg

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
There are some seriously unhappy bunnies on the message boards.

The one I posted earlier seemd to have melted down... but this lot are threatening all sorts of nasties!

http://www.valleyrams.com/

(follow 'Message Board' link on the left)

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
The RAMS are Hammam's closest allies. Or were.....

:eek: :nono: :eek:

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Seems to be going from bad to worse. The good thing from what you are saying TLB is that the club its self will not go under. As others on here have said, part of me is happy that there is another club below us in deep trouble, but part of me would have rather this was settled by events on the pitch.

Just read on one of the boards that this weekends game might be called off because the stewards are refusing to work for nothing. Hope that does not happen else you will almost certianly be fined points.

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
As someone who had £50 on the Albion going down after Cullip and Currie left I've had a further £50 on Cardiff going down at 7-2 on Bet365.

Come on the Forest.

Lush

Mods' Pet
Interesting quote on that Valley Rams board re an overheard conversation between Sam Hamman and Peter Ridsdale a few weeks ago about "selling all your assets before going into administration".

10 points off another Welsh Club?

Sad day - genuinely. When will we kick the likes of Ridsdale, Hamaan etc out of football? It sends a shiver up my spine when the likes of Ben's Grandad starts talking about "big business investors."

we are so lucky that "never again will one investor have majority control of this football club."

Would be interesting if that applied to every club in the land as a matter of course.

:(

Last edited:

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
You are f***ed by the looks of things.

Yes indeed. The rest of the board have apparently now lost all confidence in Hammam, and yesterday they offered to pay the wages for the rest of the season in exchange for effective control of the club. Hammam refused and has decided to sell as many players as he can in order to retain control. Something like that anyway.

The two plus points are that the club doesn't own the stadium, so he can't sell that, and the all of the debts (over £30 million) were secured by his company, not the football club itself.

We could be back to square one in the next couple of weeks, but the saving grace is the fact that the guys who now appear to be battling for control of the club are local men who are life-long City fans, and one of them is reportedly wealthier than Hammam.

Never a dull moment. But if we are f***ed and we do GO DOWN, then at least I'll have £900 in my SKY ROCKET, which will be some consolation. Although not much, I have to say.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Lush said:
Interesting quote on that Valley Rams board re an overheard conversation between Sam Hamman and Peter Ridsdale a few weeks ago about "selling all your assets before going into administration".

10 points off another Welsh Club?

Sad day - genuinely. When will we kick the likes of Ridsdale, Hamaan etc out of football? It sends a shiver up my spine when the likes of Ben's Grandad starts talking about "big business investors."

:(

I couldn't agree more. Ridsdale is always bad news wherever he goes.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
You don't need stars to stay in this division. What they need is players with a bit of fight.

You seem confident about the location of the debts TLB - but Hamman is not stupid.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
The Laughing Bluebird said:
Yes indeed. The rest of the board have apparently now lost all confidence in Hammam, and yesterday they offered to pay the wages for the rest of the season in exchange for effective control of the club. Hammam refused and has decided to sell as many players as he can in order to retain control. Something like that anyway.
Surely they can take out some kind of injunction against him doing that ?

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Dick Knights Mum said:
You seem confident about the location of the debts TLB - but Hamman is not stupid.

Our former chairman, Steve Borley, who is still a board member, was on the cardiffcity.com website late last night answering questions. He's a 100% genuine guy - a life-long City fan who kept the club afloat virtually single-handedly a few years ago before Hammam came in. The information about the location of the debts came directly from him, although it has been mentioned on numerous occasions elsewhere, both on the internet and in the press.

The delays to the new stadium project have seen the club's finances go all to pot. Hammam was set to make a killing if everything went according to plan, but now it looks like he's trying to cut his losses.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I'm getting a little confused. The Debt is Sam Hamman's? So it's not the clubs? So if Hamman leaves the club, the debt leaves the club too?
But the guys on the website Titanic linked too are going absolutely apeshit. Thyey're acting as if the club has a matter of weeks left.

As i understand it, Hamman will only make money if the club are succesful and the new ground is built. If there hadn't been a delay in the building of the new stadium, the club's finances would be o.k, and the club would continue to progress with Hamman making a tidy profit off the back of it.
But because there's been a delay in building, the club's finances have gone to the wall and Hamman is trying to cut his losses by selling some (all?)players, and remaining in charge until such a time as he can make a profit or at least not lose too much?

Is that a correct reading of the situation? Or have i got it completely wrong?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here