Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Unusal and interesting music venues.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
British Sea Power last year in the Spiegel Tent on Bristol Harbour side.......crap sound, but a groovy venue.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
West End Centre Aldershot ,held about 300 and the late 80's early 90's saw the likes of The Pogues ,Beautiful South ,Blur ,Mudhoney ,Dodgy ,Pele ,Happy Mondays ,Stone Roses and many others .Turn up on the night and POTD .

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
I saw Chris Smither (Blues Acoustic) at the chalk pit in Crondall a few years back, great outside venue, groovy atmosphere and real ale from a cardboard box, works well.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
British Sea Power last year in the Spiegel Tent on Bristol Harbour side.......crap sound, but a groovy venue.

British Sea Power will surely win the award for most number of unusual and varied concerts. Going to add Newhaven Fort to their list.

Jul 20, 2003
Great venue. I saw Martha Reeves at the Concorde 2 a few years back and the gig was awful. The place is a rock venue. A month or two later I saw Candi Staton (funnily enough Talbot was on keybaords at that gig too) at the Old Market and it was the perfect place for an act like hers.

If you pop into the Coopers Cask when Pevenseagull is managing the place ask him about the Fall gig at the Old Market about 6 years ago when, very tipsy, he got on stage and hugged Mark E Smith. We found out later that Pevenseagull had a seabass in his coat pocket at the time.

I'm out being irresponsible with fireworks tomorrow :)

On the subject of The Old Market and The Conqueror I had The Hold Steady in for some beers after their Great Escape show a few years back, they tipped well and I drank the guitarist into A&E.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
In terms of gig I actually went to Iron Maiden at Bercy in Paris was a bit unusual. The inside is like any other arena venue but the outside roof is covered in real grass.

In terms of spectacular I always loved U2 at Red Rocks Denver with the pouring rain and mist.

Gary Gurr

Nov 13, 2011
Eastbourne
St George's Church in Kemptown is a beautiful setting for gigs. I've seen Lambchop, Emiliana Torrini, Brighton Beachboys, Beth Orton there. St Bartholomew's has hosted Daniel Johnston with Texan Sea Power supporting (aka BSP).

Nick Cave's Abbatoir Blues tour saw him play at the Ally Pally and the lighting made for a 20 foot shadow of his figure on stage. It was an incredible sight.

Love St Georges, saw the Guillemots there, other interesting 'gig' was Gary Moore in GAK

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Love St Georges, saw the Guillemots there, other interesting 'gig' was Gary Moore in GAK

Going to catch Turin Brakes there on the 23rd.

.....also there is a St Georges in Bristol that does gigs too.....and it is virtually identical to the Kemptown one.

Last edited:

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Did you go to the Crass gig in Durrington by any chance around the same time, i did go but cant remember where they played,for some reason im thinking it was a church.

Field Place is near Durrington station so we must be talking about the same gig.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here