Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Unofficially, Official!

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
It was only about 9 months ago that he was England manager elect with bookies refusing to take any more money on him and about 90% of England fans saying they wanted him in place.
Bloom seems happy to sanction loan deals for quality players and I'm sure Harry would have no trouble selling his vision to them.

Based on the above I'm 80/20 in favour should it happen as long as tight controls are kept on the budget.

Agreed but with Calderon getting involved in coaching?

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
I'm 50/50 on the whole thing, he has had some success (Pompey FA cup) but has also massively f*cked up on other occasions (QPR etc)

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
OFFICIAL*****

Gus is back in the country:

Runcorn MP Graham Evans and team of politicians victorious in charity football match at Loftus Road
May 30 2013 by Daniel Mckenzie, Runcorn and Widnes Weekly News
A RUNCORN politician swapped Parliament for the Premier League as he helped raise almost £40,000 in a charity football match.
Weaver Vale MP Graham Evans teamed up with fellow politicos to take on a team of celebrities and sport stars including Gus Poyet, Omid Djalili, Alastair Campbell, Dalton Grant and Darren Campbell at Loftus Road – home of the recently relegated Premier League side QPR.
It was the 10th annual Nicky’s Whisper football challenge in aid of the Cystic Fibrosis Trust and the teams raised more than £37,000 between them.
A loud and supportive crowd was treated to a match that saw penalties, near misses, robust challenges and cartwheel celebrations.

And for the first time in the event’s history, the politicians came out on top with a 7-5 victory against the All Stars.
The match is held in memory of Nicky West, who had cystic fibrosis and was a tireless ambassador for the Cystic Fibrosis Trust. Proceeds from the event will go to support the Cystic Fibrosis Trust in its work to beat cystic fibrosis, and to make a daily difference to the lives of those with the condition, and the people who care for them.

http://www.runcornandwidnesweeklyne...football-match-at-loftus-road-55368-33400029/

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Dislike and don't rate the man. Wouldn't want him and the merry band of overpaid mercenaries that he would inevitable bring in anywhere near the club. Bar Spurs (and I would say there was no way they were relegation material despite the position they were in when he took over) has any of his clubs been in a stronger position when he left? The England thing was a joke, was he ever in the FA's thinking or was it just possible that his mates in the media were desperate to get him in.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
OFFICIAL*****

Gus is back in the country:

Runcorn MP Graham Evans and team of politicians victorious in charity football match at Loftus Road
May 30 2013 by Daniel Mckenzie, Runcorn and Widnes Weekly News
A RUNCORN politician swapped Parliament for the Premier League as he helped raise almost £40,000 in a charity football match.
Weaver Vale MP Graham Evans teamed up with fellow politicos to take on a team of celebrities and sport stars including Gus Poyet, Omid Djalili, Alastair Campbell, Dalton Grant and Darren Campbell at Loftus Road – home of the recently relegated Premier League side QPR.
It was the 10th annual Nicky’s Whisper football challenge in aid of the Cystic Fibrosis Trust and the teams raised more than £37,000 between them.
A loud and supportive crowd was treated to a match that saw penalties, near misses, robust challenges and cartwheel celebrations.

And for the first time in the event’s history, the politicians came out on top with a 7-5 victory against the All Stars.
The match is held in memory of Nicky West, who had cystic fibrosis and was a tireless ambassador for the Cystic Fibrosis Trust. Proceeds from the event will go to support the Cystic Fibrosis Trust in its work to beat cystic fibrosis, and to make a daily difference to the lives of those with the condition, and the people who care for them.

http://www.runcornandwidnesweeklyne...football-match-at-loftus-road-55368-33400029/

That game was played on the 21st May.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
You and I both. Hence my post and suggestion to warn Bozza. Some people just don't seem to get the new restrictions do they?

Alright, Mr Superior. Tell me: What exactly is wrong with stating that someone has been a defendant in a criminal trial? And, furthermore, how that is breaking libel law?
I'll be waiting.

You remind me of a little swatty kid trying to stir up trouble. "Sir, sir, Hopkins is writing rude words on the board"

:drama:

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here