Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Unofficially, Official!

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
In fairness, sometimes he borrows it. He took Portsmouth up on the strength of some good loan deals. The problem came when the financing of permanent signings he'd been allowed to make later on couldn't be sustained.

Well he wouldn't be able to do that (borrow) next season would he?

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
2014:
Why are you not in the play offs Harry old chum?
"Can't put a finger on it, these things appen'. Maybe the players aren't good enough, I inherited a terrible squad". "Nothing to do with me".

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
And? Alex Fergusson has spent probably 100s of millions. Does that mean he was a bad manager?
No. Promotion at St Mirren along with a title and European success at Aberdeen - all on a shoestring and against comparable or far better resourced clubs - would suggest that he had talent long before he walked into probably the biggest job in the country.

And when he did spend millions at United, he won 38 pieces of silverwear including 20 titles, and 2 European Cups, not two ****ing 4th place finishes and a cup at Portsmouth who he left bankrupt.

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
From Wiki

'Barber worked closely with Daniel Levy to bring manager Harry Redknapp to the club in the Autumn of 2008 after a poor start to the 2008/9 Premier League season under Spanish coach Juande Ramos.'

As we all know Gus was Ramos's assistant.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Reasons why this might happen:

1. Purely in terms of making up for lost time, Harry would be a good fit because he's spent the last month looking for players good enough to get QPR out of the Championship.
2. He's also an admirer of the Albion and our style of play fits his football philosophy.
3. The Barber connection.
4. Relatively close to his home.
5. So much aggravation unpicking QPR's overpaid, bloated squad.
6. No other decent jobs going.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Can't wait for us to sign Bosingwa, Ben Haim, Chimbonda, Assou-Ekotto, Samba, Andros Townsend etc on £100k each.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
And? Alex Fergusson has spent probably 100s of millions. Does that mean he was a bad manager?

Don't refer to Alex Ferguson in the same breath as Harry f***ing Redknapp please!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here