Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Unofficial merchandise BANNED

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
will TSLR be allowed to sell around the ground?

It's a complete misquote, they are banning burger vans e.t.c. on B&H Council land to 'protect' falmer village, and lewes is doing the same, they are not trying to ban you from taking in fanzines, or from taking in your home made flag.

southwickseagull

Mar 4, 2004
southwick
Ban on Amex stadium street trading From The Argus)

good luck with that, i love the burger vans and tat you can buy outside grounds...
About time too. Mostly crap anyway, did anybody buy from those tossers outside Withers at the end of last season? Banners and flags that fell to bits, horns that stopped working after about five minutes, etc etc. Also you can buy much better quality items from the club!

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
About time too. Mostly crap anyway, did anybody buy from those tossers outside Withers at the end of last season? Banners and flags that fell to bits, horns that stopped working after about five minutes, etc etc. Also you can buy much better quality items from the club!

I'm guessing you did then?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
But... the burger vans outside were our last potential option for chips!

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
I posted the following on the Argus Website as there seemed to be a bit of interest on there.

Probably get shot down in flames here.

I very much agree that the stadium area should be kept clear of unofficial food outlets.

After all, BHAFC has created the situation, the event, the match whatever, and to my mind are fully entitled to call the shots within the stadium area. Chips are not to be offered within the concourses and that is a decision with which I fully agree, and I hope the club will never go back on that.

The club could arrange for chips/whatever to be sold on the concourse but, if so, that should be an 'in house' situation so that profit falls to the club and responsibility for litter bins/collection is down to the club.

Personally not bothered but it does seem there are a lot of people unhappy about the no chips thing and that might console them, but, absolutely no chips to be taken in.”

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
There was one at Falmer station for the Eastbourne game. Is that allowed as it's on "station land"?

I think the same owners were the ones selling coffee and some food items from their garden opposite the station. Both mobile outlets did not resemble 'traditional' burger vans it has to be said and I'd quite happily grab a coffee from them after a game.

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
I remember a seller outside the Goldstone, probably early seventies, who had a great selection of enamel pin badges, from loads of clubs in the UK (?) I wonder if another will pitch up on a non-club bit of land, perhaps on a well used walk to The Amex ???

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Always bought my Albion stuff from the Albion shop, even our FA Cup Final bits and bobs.
I seem to remember then that the only other shop allowed to sell official Albion stuff was Woolworths.

Would never buy the cheapo tatty stuff from vendors as it's taking revenue away from the Albion, but the exception would be someone selling pins. You see them at quite a few grounds and no objection to that as the club shop don't sell them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here