Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Unofficial merchandise BANNED

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
I can see where the council's & club are coming from, however.....

For any trader looking to make a snide bob or two, thats 5p to our younger readers - How are the council going to deal with those who hold an official pedlar's licence which covers the whole country? Unlike normal street trading or hawkers licence's, they are regulated by the police rather than the local council. As long as you haven't committed a murder, robbery or other anti social act, you will be issued with one by the local C.I.

As long as you keep to the regulations of the pedlar's act of 18 whenever, council officials have no jurisdiction to tell you to clear off unless there's been a 'special' bylaw passed. Have B & H Council passed such a regulation? The main 'rules' are:

1: You may not trade from the back of a horse & cart.

2: You may not go knocking door to door offering to mend tables & chairs. If any of the NIMBY's want their Queen Anne tarted up, they're out of luck.

3: After making a sale, you MUST move along from the point you made that sale. There is no reference as to how far, so my hunch is, a couple of feet will do the trick.

A few councils have tried taking pedlar's to court in recent years only to be left with egg on their face.

As mentioned, much of the souvenir type stuff they sell is knock off old tat. Better spend it in the club shop for sure.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here