Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Unofficial Cheltenham Town vs BHA FA Cup thread ...

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
cant see ANYBODY wanting to watch those two teams after todays effort

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Crowd quoted as 2,984...I would swear there were more than that there today...we must have had a good 5 or 6 hundred.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Crowd quoted as 2,984...I would swear there were more than that there today...we must have had a good 5 or 6 hundred.

500 odd albion - not as many there as there has been in recent weeks at the whad, although it did look more than under 3000

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

596 to be precise. I presume that includes Brett & Rumble :laugh:

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
You've proved her right though :thud:

& Algae I see you've got nothing INTELLIGENT to add to the debate again.

I've proved her right in what sense?

That someone who is outside of the NSC clique isn't allowed to have an opinion?

That those outside of the NSC clique think all those in it are ****s?

Old people shouldn't be allowed access to the internet?

People in general shouldn't be allowed in front of computers or actually the telephone? Did you hear Ian Hart say that they had people ring up (yes a radio station!!) asking for ticket information??

I really need to know what you are getting at!!

Basically, the long and short of it is (and I'm giving this for free and you should take it on board) Arthur is ALWAYS right AND Arthur is NEVER wrong! FACT!

Please take on board......

596 to be precise. I presume that includes Brett & Rumble :laugh:
I thought away teams were only allowed 15 per cent of the tickets for FA Cup games.

They should have thrown more Albion supporters out.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Oh right, I am partially sorry then, because I thought you were suggesting I should have been there. I wasn't trying to claim I go any more than anyone else (and actually, it's four games I haven't been to thinking about it, which I wouldn't say is particularly good anyway). I had a go at you because I thought you were saying I should have gone to a game I didn't really care about - but as you say, that would have been rather hypocritical.

Apology partially accepted!

Still, I stick by my other point. I think the fans will vote with me rather than you over the replay, and the crowd will be about 3000. That will see us LOSE money. So, we're basically RELYING on getting a money-spinner at some point if we're to make a profit from this season's FA Cup. Plus, I just can't bear the thought of another game at Withdean against sodding Cheltenham!

Well of course we are going to lose money, we lose money every home game. However the potential pay day that we could get for getting through to the 3rd round or beyond in huge and very welcomed! I don't know the exact figures but I seem to recall they were around 300k for our recent jaunts to White Hart Lane and Upton Park. As I said in a previous post it's full of ifs and buts and the draw would have to be kind to us but as I've also stated in other posts that it's about the only chance this club has of making any money this season.

Plus it's the FA cup!! It even nearly prompted me to get off my arse and go which at the moment says allot I can tell you!

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Just saw the goals.Terrible defending by us for there goal.Where was the left back?
Thats twice in two games now Savage goes on a silky run in the dieing miutes and saved us.Well done Bas.Great energy from the big man

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here