Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Unnecessary “Hate Palace Chant” Last Night

Matrix10

Jun 7, 2011
Bexhill
I am all for our rivalry with the Nigel’s but feel when our stadium is selected for an England International it is not the time or place for the “Stand up if you hate Palace” chant. This, if it has to be done should only be done at Albion matches.

Monty

Feb 21, 2008
I am all for our rivalry with the Nigel’s but feel when our stadium is selected for an England International it is not the time or place for the “Stand up if you hate Palace” chant. This, if it has to be done should only be done at Albion matches.

maybe not the time but definately the place!

any palace players in the team? thats a tad unfair if so.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I thought 'Stand up if you hate Palace' was the Martini Rosso of football chants - Any time, any place, anywhere.

I'm thinking of bringing it in around the family breakfast table.

Johnnyboy

Sep 25, 2010
North Hampshire
I thought 'Stand up if you hate Palace' was the Martini Rosso of football chants - Any time, any place, anywhere.

Got to be honest even though losing to Palace this year was the worst football experience in my 56 years, i know a few Palace fans and have never stood up to this chant.

However, I really like this idea. I wonder if the wife and cat will join in?

gr

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003

I cant wait to let rip during jury service.:)

This topic deserves its own thread.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Oh don't be such a MINCER.

The match took place in Brighton.
The majority of the crowd was made up of Brighton fans.
Brighton despise Palace.

I'm PROUD we reaffirmed this state of affairs on the International stage.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

Don't be such a softcock, of course it's necessary.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
I started a "stand up if you hate Palace" chant at Lord's in 2006 when we were celebrating beating Lancashire. The Sussex fans in the row in front of me joined in enthusiastically. Only later was it pointed out that quite a few of the Sussex fans that day were also Palace fans, and that the match had nothing to do with football. Fair point I suppose.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Got to be honest even though losing to Palace this year was the worst football experience in my 56 years, i know a few Palace fans and have never stood up to this chant.

However, I really like this idea. I wonder if the wife and cat will join in?

gr

No it wasn't. Dopey Gordon Smith shooting straight at Bailey, handing the even-then-try-to-buy-success ManUre, the replay.

Last edited:

SE19_CP

Oct 30, 2011
SE19.....top of the hill

you sound like the biggest nigel going....

If the boot was on the other foot we'd be giving it the 'we scored 3 they scored none'

It's compulsory at ours, should be at yours too.....

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
you sound like the biggest nigel going....

If the boot was on the other foot we'd be giving it the 'we scored 3 they scored none'

It's compulsory at ours, should be at yours too.....

Total agreement.

Don't understand the 3 nil bit though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here