Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Unnecessary “Hate Palace Chant” Last Night

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
I am all for our rivalry with the Nigel’s but feel when our stadium is selected for an England International it is not the time or place for the “Stand up if you hate Palace” chant. This, if it has to be done should only be done at Albion matches.

Twat

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I am all for our rivalry with the Nigel’s but feel when our stadium is selected for an England International it is not the time or place for the “Stand up if you hate Palace” chant. This, if it has to be done should only be done at Albion matches.

Que sera sera!

brighton terra

Dec 5, 2008
Worthing
I wasn't at the game, so I don't know what was or wasn't sung, but it would make far more sense if 'stand up if you love Brighton' got an airing!

tgretton87

Shoreham Beach Seagull#2
Jul 30, 2011
I watched it on the FATV channel online and stood up when that when up. Just natural reaction I guess.

Matrix10

Jun 7, 2011
Bexhill

A well reasoned and intelligent argument “Twat”

To reiterate my view, I am as big a Palarse hater as the next, but I feel that when our Stadium is being used for an International game, club issues should be set aside for that game, as it is for England we are there and not our club.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011

In your opinion

el_ciddy

Aug 26, 2011
Every England game I've been to at Wembley "Stand up if you hate Man U" gets sung, admittedly it's been a few years since I've bothered to go so not sure if it still goes on (last time was when we drew 0-0 with Saudia Arabia lol, a solemn vow was made that night) but locals always tend to relish their rivalries whoever is on the pitch and quite rightly so.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
As I walked up the WSU stairs some BINT said 'C'mon Palace' So I did it for that caravan dweller.

It is like the national anthem - one must stand when it is sung.

I would like to introduce it into local cinemas to be sung when the credits are rolling.

As for singing it at the under 19 match how else are the young ones going to learn the correct way to behave ?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I thought 'Stand up if you hate Palace' was the Martini Rosso of football chants - Any time, any place, anywhere.

I'm thinking of bringing it in around the family breakfast table.

We`ll have 9 round for xmas dinner and we normally say grace but I`ll introduce the chant this year. It`ll be quite christmassy if we follow up with the 'Because of boxing day' song as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here