Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

University

E

enigma

Goring Gull said:
I remember chating to bird on holiday once who told me she was going to Portsmouth uni - she went on to say she got two E garde and failed a third A level, I just couldn't believe it, blew my chances that night the reaction "what??? and your going to uni" didn't go down to well.

:lolol:

She seems like a classic example of someont that shouldn't go to Uni and should just get a job.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
There are far too many poor Universities now that offer useless courses and take students with appaling A Levels.

But I had a great three years at Uni, and I wouldn't have got the job I have now had I not got a degree.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Uncle Buck said:
You finally accpeted their job offer? Or coming to work for me full time?

I sometimes wonder if you ever listen to anything I say to you. :jester: :drink: :drink:

I am starting a graduate scheme on Monday.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
im just starting uni now. loving it already and my course looks really interesting.

doing journalism, focusing on sports in the 3rd year i believe.

got my shorthand book today. EVIL i tell you.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Uncle Buck said:

If you told me on Saturday, there is more chance of this lot admitting Harding was half decent and McCammon is a shite trolley, than there is me of remembering what anyone said to me that day....

but not as much chance as you smiling.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
I love uni, I think as much as the academic education it is about learning to be independent and standing on your own two feet in the world.

That and the opportunity to piss and shag around for three years (minimum!) of course :clap2: :drink:

E

enigma

Uni is good but some people would be better off starting to work after college, as their degree may not ultimately help them that much in the wider world. Also, when you factor in how much debt your average student accumulates, you have to question whether university is for everyone.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Uncle Buck said:
How do you know I never smile?

Do you know me? No?

So feck off back to your Polly mates.

i know someone called polly here. amazing

ps i watch u at the albion games instead of the football. you sit near the man who limps up the steps.

+you never come across as a happy chappy.:(

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
mejonaNO12 aka riskit said:
i know someone called polly here. amazing

ps i watch u at the albion games instead of the football. you sit near the man who limps up the steps.

+you never come across as a happy chappy.:(

So you are obssesed by me, wow my very own stalker, I do feel honoured.

As you do not know me, your opinion is worth shite, but there you go.

Surely there is a pound a pint night you can go to now or failing that wander round Milbrook singing 'Play Up Pompey'.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
On the Left Wing said:
I went to Uni in Huddersfield (but it was only a Poly in those days) ... shit hole of a place - avoid at all costs!

:lolol: :lolol:

OI

E

enigma

dave the gaffer said:

What is it like really? My ex was from there, or near enough (Brighouse), always got the impression it wasn't great.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
so what company is the grad scheme then rumble?

One day u might be as rich as the dwaynster? u never know your luck :kiss:

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Uncle Buck said:
So you are obssesed by me, wow my very own stalker, I do feel honoured.

As you do not know me, your opinion is worth shite, but there you go.

Surely there is a pound a pint night you can go to now or failing that wander round Milbrook singing 'Play Up Pompey'.

sadly a pint for pound night is normally on during the night. tis not night in southampton. is it where you are?

im upset my opinion holds no relevance to your good self. just said you look slightly unhappy all the time and dont like me which im not very happy about as i feel we could become best friends.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
mejonaNO12 aka riskit said:
sadly a pint for pound night is normally on during the night. tis not night in southampton. is it where you are?

im upset my opinion holds no relevance to your good self. just said you look slightly unhappy all the time and dont like me which im not very happy about as i feel we could become best friends.

From my memories of Scumthampton you could drink from Sunday to Thursday's for about a pound and not having to go to the SU Bar. That was also during the day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here