Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

United v Barca tonight!

Yoda

English & European
It'll be a prouder moment when another team outside the current top four qualify for the champions league. We're turning into a larger Scottish Premiership.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
And What Is So English About Them? And Why Should I Be Proud?

They are the English Premiership Champions
Their home ground is in Manchester
Paul Scholes scored the winning goal
Rio Ferdinand, Wes Brown, Owen Hargreaves, Michael Carrick, Paul Scholes, Wayne Rooney, Gary Neville.
They also have a British manager and several British players. They have far more connections wit this fair isle than Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal combined.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Carlos Tevez - INCREDIBLE performance.

Alex Revell take note - you can do a lot of running AND be a good footballer.

_44612521_scholes_pa300.jpg

:bowdown:

Paul Scholes' head looks ENORMOUS!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

My home is in Manchester too, but I hate the fuckers, owned by a exploitative Yank who wouldn't know a corner kick from a cricket bat, sponsored by a corrupt Yank corporation, kit made by a corrupt Yank child sweat shop exploiting bunch of twats.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Can't people just enjoy the FOOTBALL for once?

Maybe not, eh. :shrug:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
oh goody a all premiership final can't wait, don't get too see that every week. The games between the top 4 always turn out to be top games i mean the cup final last season what a game.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
oh goody a all premiership final can't wait, don't get too see that every week. The games between the top 4 always turn out to be top games i mean the cup final last season what a game.

Do I detect the tiniest, most minute trace of sarcasm there?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
This whole anti English teams in Europe thing really does perplex me. I dislike Utd and Chelsea in domestic football as mush as anyone, and their plastic supporters who invade my local, never to be seen again until the next match etc etc.

However, for the last ten minutes of that Utd game tonight, I was on the edge of my seat, not quite biting my nails, but willing Utd to to score a 2nd, or at least keep the Spanish team out, and cheered loudly when the final whistle went. I'd prefer Liverpool to beat Chelsea, but to be honest, I can't wait until the ALL ENGLISH final in 3 weeks time.

A few years back, I remember Feyenoord playing Spurs in a European game, and as my wife at the time was from Rotterdam, and I sort of supported Feyenoord, I started watching the game supporting Feyenoord. It didn't last long though. At the end of the day, I am English, the team, whoever they may be and whatever they may stand for domestically, are representing the English league, so quite simply, I want them to win.

Bars Mar

Registered Drug User
Jan 4, 2008
In Bed With My Doner
Rio Ferdinand, Wes Brown, Owen Hargreaves, Michael Carrick, Paul Scholes, Wayne Rooney, Gary Neville.
They also have a British manager and several British players. They have far more connections wit this fair isle than Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal combined.

Their Home Ground May Be Manchester But It Might As Well Be In London Or Denmark Or Johannesburg. They Court Success In Malaysia, Dubai, Japan, South Africa On Money Spinning Trips Rather Than Offering A Game For The Good People Of Manchester Who Might Not Be Able To Afford To See Them.

Then They Moan About Too Many Internationals Tiring Out Players...When They Let Their Players Play Internationals.

How Many Decent English Players Have They Brought In Since One Very Good 1992 Youth Side? Don't Say Wes Brown - He's Not Exactly Top Drawer. Ferdinand, Rooney, Carrick All Bought Expensively. I Can't Think Of One. Not One.

When Has The Club Ever Put Country Before Themselves?

The British Manager Has No Respect For The Referees Nor For Our Very Own Cup Competition (FA Cup Ring Any Bells?), He's A Bully. The Club Is Foreign Owned And Not A Care For Their Fans - Look How They Treat The Ticket Sales To Their Shareholders.

English Premier Champions? As James Baldwin Would Say That's "Another Country".

A Country That We Are Not Welcome In Unless We Have Money And Money Can Buy Anything With That Competition. There's No Glory. No Respect. No Romance. Just Ice Cold Profit.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury

Good points, but you are wasting your time. The United-haters will ignore all that and come up with all sorts of spurious reasons to justify their hate. It's fashionable, and so childish, but they enjoy it.

You can't reason with them and some of them seem to be more passionate about hating United than supporting the Albion. I presume that if the Albion became a club like United, they would withdraw their support and find another club.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Good points, but you are wasting your time. The United-haters will ignore all that and come up with all sorts of spurious reasons to justify their hate. It's fashionable, and so childish, but they enjoy it.

You can't reason with them and some of them seem to be more passionate about hating United than supporting the Albion. I presume that if the Albion became a club like United, they would withdraw their support and find another club.

Don't forget (ignoring the fact that englishman gerrard is worse) their best player is a cheating, diving portugese c***, and Fergie is a dick etc etc bla bla bla. :rolleyes:

I look forward to hearing Braders unbiased review of the game.

United - SUPERB. :clap:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
This whole anti English teams in Europe thing really does perplex me. I dislike Utd and Chelsea in domestic football as mush as anyone, and their plastic supporters who invade my local, never to be seen again until the next match etc etc.

However, for the last ten minutes of that Utd game tonight, I was on the edge of my seat, not quite biting my nails, but willing Utd to to score a 2nd, or at least keep the Spanish team out, and cheered loudly when the final whistle went. I'd prefer Liverpool to beat Chelsea, but to be honest, I can't wait until the ALL ENGLISH final in 3 weeks time.

A few years back, I remember Feyenoord playing Spurs in a European game, and as my wife at the time was from Rotterdam, and I sort of supported Feyenoord, I started watching the game supporting Feyenoord. It didn't last long though. At the end of the day, I am English, the team, whoever they may be and whatever they may stand for domestically, are representing the English league, so quite simply, I want them to win.

Whilst I understand where you are coming from, United are representing Malcolm Glazer's back pocket, nothing more.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Their Home Ground May Be Manchester But It Might As Well Be In London Or Denmark Or Johannesburg. They Court Success In Malaysia, Dubai, Japan, South Africa On Money Spinning Trips Rather Than Offering A Game For The Good People Of Manchester Who Might Not Be Able To Afford To See Them.

Then They Moan About Too Many Internationals Tiring Out Players...When They Let Their Players Play Internationals.

How Many Decent English Players Have They Brought In Since One Very Good 1992 Youth Side? Don't Say Wes Brown - He's Not Exactly Top Drawer. Ferdinand, Rooney, Carrick All Bought Expensively. I Can't Think Of One. Not One.

The British Manager Has No Respect For The Referees Nor For Our Very Own Cup Competition (FA Cup Ring Any Bells?), He's A Bully. The Club Is Foreign Owned And Not A Care For Their Fans - Look How They Treat The Ticket Sales To Their Shareholders.

A Country That We Are Not Welcome In Unless We Have Money And Money Can Buy Anything With That Competition. There's No Glory. No Respect. No Romance. Just Ice Cold Profit.

No glory ?...........................:laugh: You are funny.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park

Sadly, the same applies to all the big four... and Barcelona for that matter.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

Spot on. Yank ownership blah, diving cheats blah, Surrey fans blah, Whiteside crocking Ramsey.:bla::bla::bla:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here