Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

United v Barca tonight!

Bars Mar

Registered Drug User
Jan 4, 2008
In Bed With My Doner
Good points, but you are wasting your time. The United-haters will ignore all that and come up with all sorts of spurious reasons to justify their hate. It's fashionable, and so childish, but they enjoy it.

You can't reason with them and some of them seem to be more passionate about hating United than supporting the Albion. I presume that if the Albion became a club like United, they would withdraw their support and find another club.

Just Asking, Like. What's Spurious About My Arguments? I'm Putting Forward Lots Of Reasons Why I Don't Like Them.

Judging By The Attendance At Man U And Falling Attendances Elsewhere I'd Say That Being A Man U Fan Is Far More Fashionable. And I Really Don't Enjoy It.

So Stop The Puerile Put Downs And Actually Refute My Claims.

Tell Me Why Man U And Chelsea And Arsenal And The Premiership Is Good For English Football And Brighton And Hove Albion?

Go On - I f***ing Dare You. I Double Dare You.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Sadly, the same applies to all the big four... and Barcelona for that matter.

True, the big four have taken away the drawbridge and ensured that the Prem is a closed shop. Despite clubs such as Spurs, Newcastle, Villa, Everton, City etc having big fan bases, many averaging 40,000+ per match attendances, they cannot compete financially.

As for Barca, as least they do have some principles, the club is owned by the fans rather than a sugar daddy or twat like Glazer, the club refused to besmirch the shirt in terms of shirt sponsorship, the Unicef deal is unpaid, a noble gesture when they could get tens of millions. Real Madrid ARE as bad as the big four though.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Are you saying that if the Albion were bought by a foreigner with enough money to take us to higher levels, you would object?

Glazer has put NO money into United, I subscribe to Red Issue, the brilliant United fanzine, and you would not believe what how he has shafted the fans left, right and centre.

If the Albion became a playboy's toy, like what has happened at City this season, then I genuinely don't think it would be a good day for the club.

If I wanted to watch a side win every week I could easily watch my local team after all, it's not about glory, it's about being part of the locality.

If people like the Complete Badger think that tonight is a greater event than something than Hereford '97, or the Albion winning back to back Championships in different divisions, then they are entitled to their opinion, but personally I get a hundred times more pleasure from a win at Walsall on a Tuesday night than any Champions League game.

As for the irrational hatred, it's reasonably well known that I used to be a United fan, and watch them from the Stretford End every week when I was younger. I can't explain my love for the Albion, it is completely irrational, but it is the one constant I have in my life.

Bars Mar

Registered Drug User
Jan 4, 2008
In Bed With My Doner
No glory ?...........................:laugh: You are funny.

Is That It? I Put Forward Umpteen Arguments And All You Can Come Back With Is A ****ish Aside And A Smiley?

Sad Really - You're So Obsessed With Trying To Come Up With A Post On This Board That People Actually Might Laugh At. Tell Me, How Many Attempts Have You Had Now? I Mean, You've Tried It All. The Innocent, the Lewd, The Funny, The Weird, The Racist.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Glazer has put NO money into United, I subscribe to Red Issue, the brilliant United fanzine, and you would not believe what how he has shafted the fans left, right and centre.

If the Albion became a playboy's toy, like what has happened at City this season, then I genuinely don't think it would be a good day for the club.

If I wanted to watch a side win every week I could easily watch my local team after all, it's not about glory, it's about being part of the locality.

If people like the Complete Badger think that tonight is a greater event than something than Hereford '97, or the Albion winning back to back Championships in different divisions, then they are entitled to their opinion, but personally I get a hundred times more pleasure from a win at Walsall on a Tuesday night than any Champions League game.

As for the irrational hatred, it's reasonably well known that I used to be a United fan, and watch them from the Stretford End every week when I was younger. I can't explain my love for the Albion, it is completely irrational, but it is the one constant I have in my life.

I don't think your love for the Albion is irrational at all. Why should it be? It is a constant that I have in my life too. And yes, Hereford in '97 was a million times better than tonight, but I still enjoyed United winning it.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
I don't think your love for the Albion is irrational at all. Why should it be? It is a constant that I have in my life too. And yes, Hereford in '97 was a million times better than tonight, but I still enjoyed United winning it.

Then go play with United fans on their board. -------------->

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
Best night of the season, and a game that will live with me a long time. Superb stuff from the best team in the world tonight. Flair and attacking prowess backed up by heroic defending from all the boys, none more so than Wes Brown:bowdown:

Tactically, for the umpteenth time, Sir Alex does what he does best. Played to absolute perfection by United, and I never felt Barca were going to score.

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Are you having a laugh?

As for Barca, as least they do have some principles, the club is owned by the fans rather than a sugar daddy or twat like Glazer, the club refused to besmirch the shirt in terms of shirt sponsorship, the Unicef deal is unpaid, a noble gesture when they could get tens of millions. Real Madrid ARE as bad as the big four though.

Barca actually pay money to unicef, something like 1.5mill a season on a current 5 yr deal. :bowdown:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Is That It? I Put Forward Umpteen Arguments And All You Can Come Back With Is A ****ish Aside And A Smiley?

Sad Really - You're So Obsessed With Trying To Come Up With A Post On This Board That People Actually Might Laugh At. Tell Me, How Many Attempts Have You Had Now? I Mean, You've Tried It All. The Innocent, the Lewd, The Funny, The Weird, The Racist.

What an all rounder........................ You`ve been with from the start haven`t you ?

I still think you`re funny. No glory. Millions watch on tv as they battle with the great Barcelona. 75 thousand sing their hearts out for their team but there is no glory involved in that victory. Ah bless.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

And I Might Try Capitals On The First Letter Of Each Word ....................... That Would Be Really Cool . I Haven`t Done That Yet.

Last edited:

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Barca actually pay money to unicef, something like 1.5mill a season on a current 5 yr deal. :bowdown:

They were a very friendly bunch too....!
My son and I were in the same stand as you.............a bit more to the right of the goal. Thought Barcelona played very well and were unlucky not to have someone who could put Messis good work to use. Having said that, I,m not a Man Utd fan, but it was a fantastic evening and the noise from both sets of fans was deafening.A brilliant time there....( my first visit), and a good reminder of how exhillarating live football can be.

They were a very friendly bunch too....!
My son and I were in the same stand as you.............a bit more to the right of the goal. Thought Barcelona played very well and were unlucky not to have someone who could put Messis good work to use. Having said that, I,m not a Man Utd fan, but it was a fantastic evening and the noise from both sets of fans was deafening.A brilliant time there....( my first visit), and a good reminder of how exhillarating live football can be.

I was standing to the left of the goal in the east stand. I think the best team over both legs lost out, but hey thats football.
Was a good atmosphere, but i think Celtic park in the last round was slightly better.

One steward spoke to me when the Barca end all clapped the utd fans after the final whistle, he said no other team's fans would ever think of doing that at OT.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here