Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

United or City

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Back in the day before money corrupted football, I would have agreed with you. Man Utd was the only global brand name and they made their riches that way.

But at the end of the day, at least they did make their riches - by being successful on the pitch and having a top class business model - and they still buy & pay players according to that business model today and that deserves respect.

City & Chelsea are simply cheating, they are not historically top tier winning teams, they haven't earned a penny of what they are paying players. It's completely dishonest, bad for football, and I hope it all fails and both their rich owners lose shit loads of money.

When's the point where spending tens of millions on a player showed that money was corrupting football? United have been doing it for as long as I can remember.

Also a bit harsh on City's history. They have won the league before (albeit some time ago), they have a loyal fanbase, good stadium - good luck to them I say.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Who doesn't buy the league? If you want to win it you have to spend big.

Exactly. It has become as good as impossible for a team outside the top two in Spain or top four in England to challenge for the league let alone win it without spending shedloads.

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
Who doesn't buy the league? If you want to win it you have to spend big.

yes but where the money comes from is relevant, united's money comes from the fact there a massive club. like a previous post said city and chelsea dont have money because they were successful for years.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
City. The 'they've bought the league' arguments are crap, every team buys the league, maybe the scale is more than usual but that makes it no worse than anyone else.

More importantly, they were pulling in fairly decent crowds when they went down to League 1 and so, for those fans who endured the good and the bad, I want them to win it.

Oh, accusations of cheating for City and Chelsea for not being historically big or 'earning their money'? Seriously? Almost every team has had a helping hand financially at some point regardless of who they are, that's football.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Being a United fan also, literally cannot wait for the game tonight. Going to be a real tight one, but I think United will do it, 3-2. f*** City.
This is what put people off United....how the hell can you support two clubs....see them at my social club,always wear the shirt(except when they lost 6-1 to City) and not one of them have been to Old Trafford. Yes City have bought their team with a lot of money,but I can remember Fergie buying players just so other teams could'nt use them...do not support either...but would prefer City to win just to shut up that moaning,whining,whinging Fergie....anyway it's Blues against Reds...C'mon you Blues....good Job it's not at Old Trafford...you have to overcome the penalty United get gifted every match!!

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
City. The 'they've bought the league' arguments are crap, every team buys the league, maybe the scale is more than usual but that makes it no worse than anyone else.

More importantly, they were pulling in fairly decent crowds when they went down to League 1 and so, for those fans who endured the good and the bad, I want them to win it.

Oh, accusations of cheating for City and Chelsea for not being historically big or 'earning their money'? Seriously? Almost every team has had a helping hand financially at some point regardless of who they are, that's football.

united, arsenal have never been bankrolled to the extent of city and chelsea.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
For a number of reasons too extensive to quote, it has to be UNITED !

I would rather just about any other club in that League (exclusive club) won the Premiership rather than Citeh.

As examples, Tevez and Balotelli are just two but I could go on.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
united, arsenal have never been bankrolled to the extent of city and chelsea.

Not in the space of one season no but in terms of consistent finance/transfer funds put in it's a little difficult to maintain that claim (well, for United anyway, thinking about it Arsenal don't seem to have had much put in that I can remember), think of City as playing catch-up and I suspect, during the prem years, it'll add up to similar amounts (a guess admittedly but I'll stand by it).

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
Not in the space of one season no but in terms of consistent finance/transfer funds put in it's a little difficult to maintain that claim (well, for United anyway, thinking about it Arsenal don't seem to have had much put in that I can remember), think of City as playing catch-up and I suspect, during the prem years, it'll add up to similar amounts (a guess admittedly but I'll stand by it).

im not saying that united dont spend lots of money, im saying that there money is coming from what the club earns, just look at there turnover.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
It's not about City winning, it's about United losing.

I guess that if you are in your 40s you know why it is ABU. I understand why Chelski and City might invoke similar feelings, but prior to their arrival Utd kick started the liberal use of money to buy what they wanted and the 'marketing' of their brand to kids on the streets of Brighton and other towns and cities.

They are a disgrace. Their fans are arrogant and self centred. Can't wait for Fergie to go and to see them go a few decades without winning the league. Bring it on!

I even hated them in the 80s when they were winning sod all. Hate them!

ABU ABU ABU

ROKERITE

Dec 30, 2007
im not saying that united dont spend lots of money, im saying that there money is coming from what the club earns, just look at there turnover.

Yes, but it's rather easy to have a massive turnover when 350,000,000 "real fans" throughout the planet support you.
I'd imagine there are several hundred Brighton born manu supporters in your fine city. It will be a long time before you start to see half as many City shirts as manu shirts on Brighton's streets. Until then, manu remain THE enemy of football in this country.

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
Yes, but it's rather easy to have a massive turnover when 350,000,000 "real fans" throughout the planet support you.
I'd imagine there are several hundred Brighton born manu supporters in your fine city. It will be a long time before you start to see half as many City shirts as manu shirts on Brighton's streets. Until then, manu remain THE enemy of football in this country.

'' THE enemy of football '' lol what a load of crap.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here