Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Union Saint-Gilloise

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
He might come. He might not. He might be on a longish contract. There might be better offers from elsewhere. Brighton might not want him. He might not want Brighton.

Let’s see but I doubt it’s a foregone conclusion.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Assuming Genk and Union win there last games can someone explain the set up for the play offs

Slum_Wolf

May 3, 2021
Assuming Genk and Union win there last games can someone explain the set up for the play offs
The top four teams contest the championship playoff, each team starting with half the points from the regular season (rounded up). Each team plays the other three teams twice, with points added to their half point total. Genk, Union and Antwerp are the top three, 4th place between Gent, Club Brugge and Alzate's Standard Liege. Team with the most points wins.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
He might come. He might not. He might be on a longish contract. There might be better offers from elsewhere. Brighton might not want him. He might not want Brighton.

Let’s see but I doubt it’s a foregone conclusion.
I think it's fair to say that Tony Bloom is going to give himself first refusal on any star players.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
The top four teams contest the championship playoff, each team starting with half the points from the regular season (rounded up). Each team plays the other three teams twice, with points added to their half point total. Genk, Union and Antwerp are the top three, 4th place between Gent, Club Brugge and Alzate's Standard Liege. Team with the most points wins.
Important to add that winner qualifies for CL 3rd qualifying round (although I have a feeling that this may now be the CL group stage due to Russian disqualification), and the runner up qualifies for CL 2nd qualifying round. 3rd place qualifies for Europa League and 4th place has to play the winner of the play off (same format) between positions 5-8 for Europa Conference spot.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I'd say Boniface is absolutely nailed on for a move here. Unless he specifically says I don't want to join Brighton, just can't see it not happening. Really looking forward to the impact Adringa can make over the summer.

BrianSwan

Apr 15, 2012
I'd say Boniface is absolutely nailed on for a move here. Unless he specifically says I don't want to join Brighton, just can't see it not happening. Really looking forward to the impact Adringa can make over the summer.
I think so too, but who makes way? Welbeck?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here