Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Union Saint-Gilloise

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
They really need to win both remaining games to give themselves a decent points advantage in the playoffs.

Fortunately the last game is at home to the side that’s rooted to the bottom.

0-0 :lolol:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
How about swapping coaches for an experimental season !

No thanks.

Our coach got 30 shots out of our team yesterday.

But if only they had one of the deadliest strikers in the top European leagues or a winger who has just grabbed a couple of World Cup qualifier goals, sending his country to Qatar later this year shaming those awful Aussies, we could nick?

Mortdecai

Aug 6, 2009
Kirkkonummi, Finland
usg1.jpgusg2.jpg

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Quite an important point to make is that USG/Tony Bloom didn’t actually pay much money for any of their first team players. They were mostly free transfers with fees paid for a handful of less than 500K. Where Brighton/Bloom do come into it is that Brighton’s scouting data was used to identify all these players resulting in a title challenging team producing 2 Belgium internationals and a Danish international. It’s a real success story and certainly good news for Brighton - there’s no way we’d have got Undav for as little as 6m from any other team at an equivalent level.
It was costing Tony £5 million a year I think to subsidise USG ( or at least they were making that as a loss ). That was before this season.

I don't have the source at hand but I know it was in a Tweet from Kristof Terreur from 1 or 2 years ago - I just don't have the will to trawl his timeline for it.

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
And according to the stats they have had one shot in the whole of the first half...and scored!
How alike Tony's two teams are!

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Job well done.

As it stands (there's one game left though so may change) the playoff league table would look like this:

1. USG 37 pts
2. Club Brugge 35 pts
3. Antwerp 31 pts
4. Gent 29 pts

If USG and Brugge both win next next week, it would mean that USG starts with a 3 point advantage instead since the points from the regular season are halfed and rounded upwards.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Job well done.

As it stands (there's one game left though so may change) the playoff league table would look like this:

1. USG 37 pts
2. Club Brugge 35 pts
3. Antwerp 31 pts
4. Gent 29 pts

If USG and Brugge both win next next week, it would mean that USG starts with a 3 point advantage instead since the points from the regular season are halfed and rounded upwards.

Do they play home and away in the play offs? Ie 6 matches each?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here