Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Genk do indeed win.

One round of games left.
USG vs Brugge
Genk vs Antwerp

A USG win puts a lot of pressure on Antwerp to win away.

IMG_2637.jpeg

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
A USG win by 5+ goals isn’t totally out the question either…
I’ve been assuming it’s decided on goal difference which is very harsh indeed seeing as USG ‘technically’ have 0.5 more points (they were rounded down for the playoffs). I wonder if this is taken into consideration at the end of the playoff mini-league if both USG and Antwerp are tied on points?

Edit.

It’s the other way round. If USG and Antwerp finish on the same points, USG have 0.5 points deducted as they were rounded up to 38 from 37.5 (half their original league total) at the beginning of the playoffs. Simples. Goal difference will play no part.

These playoff rules have the complexity of the famous card game, Go Johnny Go Go Go Go.

Last edited:

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
I’ve been assuming it’s decided on goal difference which is very harsh indeed seeing as USG ‘technically’ have 0.5 more points (they were rounded down for the playoffs). I wonder if this is taken into consideration at the end of the playoff mini-league if both USG and Antwerp are tied on points?

Edit.

It’s the other way round. If USG and Antwerp finish on the same points, USG have 0.5 points deducted as they were rounded up to 38 from 37.5 (half their original league total) at the beginning of the playoffs. Simples. Goal difference will play no part.

These playoff rules have the complexity of the famous card game, Go Johnny Go Go Go Go.

Antwerp were the only team not to have their points rounded up, so in the event of a tie they'd always be ranked higher.

If Genk and USG finish level on points Genk would be ranked higher as they finished the regular season higher in the table as the playoff table is worked out in the following order. 1. Points, 2. Points when rounding up is removed, 3. Regular season finishing positions.

Slum_Wolf

May 3, 2021
Fixtures...

Looking for a new head coach...

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Fixtures...

Looking for a new head coach...

Shame - did a good job

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
It sounds like a decision they didn’t want to make, but felt forced too due to Geraerts telling them his intention was to leave and manage in France within the next 12 months.

Early front runner to take over is Vincent Euvrard from RWD Molenbeek.

Slum_Wolf

May 3, 2021
Live stream of Union's friendly at Feyenoord

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Apparently we can’t loan USG players this year as we are in the same competition. Annoying, but hopefully one of us will be in the Champions League next year.

AlbionInUs

Oct 11, 2019
US
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Bayer Leverkusen are in advanced talks to sign Victor Boniface from Union St Gilloise — negotiations progressing and deal getting closer 🚨🔴⚫🇳🇬<br><br>Nigerian striker has agreed personal terms with Leverkusen and clubs now negotiating deal worth more than €20m package. <a href="https://t.co/RSEjf6s2Sk">pic.twitter.com/RSEjf6s2Sk</a></p>&mdash; Fabrizio Romano (@FabrizioRomano) <a href="">July 21, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here