Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Unfunniest comedian?

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
So far the only one I will genuinely agree with is Gina Yashere, absolutely shocking, but most of the others people are choosing are nothing like the worst comedians. Though, I probably have a slightly different view from most seeing as I work at the K Hole. My worst in no particular order:

Gina Yashere is attrocious. I have never ever laughed at a single comment that has ever come out of her mouth.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
My conclusion from reading this thread is that Peter Kay is clearly the nation's favourite.

Re the question - my first thought was Lenny Henry - he's been doing the same "my nan from Dudley" material for 30 years. Hot on his heels is Stephen K Amos.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Harry Hill is like Marmite. I think he is a genius, others don't.

I see some people that I don't personally like, but can understand that others would - we're not all the same. He does not fit into that category for me. But hey, who really cares, if I don't like, don't watch.

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
Sarah Millican is so unfunny that I wouldn't go and watch her live even if somebody would pay me to go.

Utter, utter shite.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Frankie Boyle - C*NT.

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
Peter Kay, James Cordon and Ricky Gervais aren't at all funny. Most other comedians on this thread have made me laugh once or twice, even if I don't like them hugely.

Also not a fan of Billy Connolley, mainly because I seem to have only seen the worst of him.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Says in the Beeb report that Gervais vanished for about an hour during the live broadcast and came back looking 'haunted'. Guess a few people must have wanted a word... :lol:

I think his monlogue was superb and pretty brave. I doubt his hollywood career was enhanced by it so all power to him for having the balls to let those pampered over paid Yanks have it.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Sarah Millican is so unfunny that I wouldn't go and watch her live even if somebody would pay me to go.

Utter, utter shite.

Which begs the question have you actually seen her live? Seeing her on panel shows is not the same as seeing her doing stand up. I am afraid you are very wrong. Last time she played Komedia she got a standing ovation, I have only seen that two or three times in the last five years.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Which begs the question have you actually seen her live? Seeing her on panel shows is not the same as seeing her doing stand up. I am afraid you are very wrong. Last time she played Komedia she got a standing ovation, I have only seen that two or three times in the last five years.

The problem with most threads regarding comedy on this board is most of the commentators see one big act a year or just buy the dvd, never see live comedy and then start criticising comics for the five minutes they caught on Live at The Apollo.

On a side note from the clips and quotes Gervais was good at the Globes

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
The problem with most threads regarding comedy on this board is most of the commentators see one big act a year or just buy the dvd, never see live comedy and then start criticising comics for the five minutes they caught on Live at The Apollo.

True enough. People also forget how sanitised TV comedy is compared to the real thing.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Who was that woman we saw at the Komedia? She was bloody awful. I remember some of her jokes were even too vulgar for you, which is saying something!

A few weeks back? Middle act? Died horribly? Susan Murray.

susan-murray-2004-july.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here